Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have URquattro with stock 016 gearbox and instead of I5 engine, now there is AHC 4.2l V8 engine from Audi S8 D2.

I made flywheel and done everything, but only question/problem is the crankshaft position sensor. Is there a chance to define position of that sensor on 016 tranny and drilled the hole without original automatic gearbox (I mean to use measurements from that tranny)?

I mean, can i just with my flywheel and engine set some "default" position for 60-2 and that way define position for drilling the hole?

Is the position of sensor maybe the same like on 016/01E gearbox?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I just saw here:

http://www.034motorsport.com/engine-com ... 18554.html

that VR sensor position is not the same on the 4.2l engines with manual and automatic transmission?!?!?!

How is it possible that before 6 months I tried ECU from AHC engine which was with manual gearbox on ABZ with automatic gearbox and engine was started?!?!

Does it mean that 60-2 rings between those two models doesn't have the same position when is mounted on crankshaft, and because of that, position on gearbox is not the same?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.