Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jim, Nate, Javad,
What kid of alignment specs are you guys running in the front of your cars? Anyone else with experience feel free to jump in, I just mention these three because I know what their cars have.
I'm getting my car aligned, and I'd like to know what some other people are using.
I'm planning on about 1.5deg negative camber, but I dunno...
Mike
'88 VW "R22"

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hey,

We've tried many combinations of alignment values with the rally car,and the best is the factory spec. It seems to be the best all around set-up.

Aaron

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
when i lowered my car, it kicked the toe out something like an inch or more, way crazy, but surprizingly it didn't pull and turned really quick...lol. anyway, i didn't have the money at the time and and i made hooks to go around the backside of the wheels and used contractors string to go along the centerline from front wheels to back wheels. then i spaced the string out with 1/16" piece of aluminum tig rod and on the four contact areas of the rims, adjusted the toe until it the string was dead straight,(touching evenly down the line), and then removed the rod from the rear of the front rim on both sides, turned em' in til the strings just touched the rims for an exact 1/8 inch toe in. i've been running it like that foralmost 9 months, no problems, no pulling.

the only thing i may have a problem with is camber. the tire's i'm running are rock hard bfg euro t/a's and they don't seem to be wearing too bad on the inside. i will however get a proper alignment when i get new tires and rims. don't wanna waste my new goodies just to try and prove some point :D

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Factory specs on mine.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
I had non-factory settings that felt really good for track/road use. However, when I was rear-ended a while back the car was re-aligned to factory and no longer has as crisp turn-in. The guy that did the alignment didn't write the settings down, so I don't know what they were :( So, its still set to factory. Its good, but not great.

Iduaobrut's right though, the factory setting is probably the best compromise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts