Automobiles Forum banner

AMD's 91 200q Project

70K views 928 replies 82 participants last post by  88a5tq 
#1 ·
As some of you may have seen, I just picked up my 200 and have already come up with a pretty awesome brake upgrade to the UFO rotors. Anyways, the car was bone stock with ~220k miles and was in decent shape when I picked it up (except the brakes).

As far as the body goes, its pretty mint. Couple dings here and there and the paint is also pretty decent. It was a bit faded but a little tlc (claybar and a cleaner wax) made it look a lot better. I used some black shoe polish on the black moldings which brought them back like new. Applied some tint to the tail lights and that's where it sits.

Also borrowed my BBS CH's from my S4.

A few pics:

See less See more
#4 ·
Love those side repeaters. Any closer pics of them and also some info about them? Where did you source them?

#7 ·
looks like they've been painted/tinted. I sprayed some of that nightshade or whatever the spray tint stuff is on mine. Has held up for a couple years how

#10 ·
Wow, so its been some time since I've updated this thread. Recently I have fixed quite a few things that needed to be taken care of.

The brakes all around on the car when I got it were shot. As you guys know, I retrofitted B5 S4 HP2 front brakes (calipers and rotors) on to my UFO strut housings. These were hand-me-downs from my S4 which had just received a full big brake kit. A few pics:

That took care of the front.

Recently I have replaced the entire rear brake system. New (reman) calipers, OEM vented rear disks and mintex red box pads. I just picked up the set up brand new OEM parking brake cables as well because mine were sticky. Should be installing them very soon.

Today the car is going for a 4 wheel alignment which IMO it needs real bad!

Other then that a nice new set of Nokian Hakka RSi's were mounted on my S4 avus wheels.

Updates to follow.
Nick

#11 ·
Ordered:

A few recent shots:

Being ordered as soon as my S4's 01E is rebuilt:

Performance:
Garrett GT3076r
Garrett 600HP IC core and custom plumbing
VEMS
Bosch 044
Bosch 1000cc Injectors
Custom 3" Exhaust (turbo back)
Stiffest wastegate spring I can find
Clutch of choice (South Bend)
Bilstein Sport's all around and custom coil-overs
Possible 01E 6 speed transmission

Maintenance:
Repair/replace any seals/gaskets that's leaking
Brake bomb
Fix hydrolic system leak
Fix bouncing speedometer
Timing belt service

That's about it for now.

#12 ·
The S4 wheels look great on your car too!!! They will look especially nice when its lower like I said in the other thread. From the looks of that list, you will have that covered soon though :)

Its so nice to see others doing insane things to these cars. You are I are going to have very similar cars when I get mine together.

#13 ·
Rear control arms installed and alignment has been completed. It so nice to have a car that goes straight down the road :)

Unfortunately the window regulator died, so that's on the list before anything else.

#14 ·
It's been quite some time since the last update! I have done quite a bit with the 200 lately getting it ready for H2O international. Replaced the suspension with some H&R sports and bilstein sport struts. Also replaced the rear control arm bushings when the suspension was installed. Also picked up a nice set of BBS RK's and some new General Exclaim UHP's. Yesterday I replaced the factory turbo with just another stocker because mine had defiantly seen better days and was smoking. Wow, what a pain! Replaced the VC gasket as well. Also picked up an EFI Express 3" downpipe and am having a full 3" stainless mandrel bent exhaust built this week and using a vibrant stainless dual tip muffler. I'm super excited to get it all done. I'll prob throw a chip in it between now and then as well.

#15 ·
I think we've met.

A few yrs ago at a Shift518 gtg in central park. I was the guy w/ the green Ur S4, and I think you had your silver stg3 B5s4 that day.
I'm a friend of Justin McGrath's.

Anyways. nice type44 project ! who's doing your exhaust ? I need a dual exhaust made for my S6 Avant.

Thanks.

Mike

#16 ·
Yes we have! How's it going man? I'm having Inline Performance on Altamont Ave in Rotterdam build the exhaust. They or Synapse do great work! It's not going to be cheap though. Stainless and mandrel bent really rack the price up quick.

Nick

#21 ·
*Update* transmission failed a few weeks ago so I went and picked up another low mileage unit and freshening up a few other things.

Just ordered:

Products
1 x Silicone Hose, 3B/ABY/ADU Throttle Body Inlet $48.00

1 x Silicone Crank Breather Hose Pair, 200 20v 3B
- Add Hose Clamps:
- Add Check Valve (035 103 245A): $139.00

4 x Transmission/Diff Mount, Density Line, Early Audi To 1996
- Option: Street Density
- Hardware: $124.00

2 x Motor Mount, Density Line, Audi I5
- Option: Street Density $136.00

Found this on ebay UK and had to buy it (pic installed in my car):

Ordering a new clutch for it tomorrow. I'll probably settle on the Clutchnet Red X2 pressure plate and 6 puck sprung disk.

#24 ·
pilihp2 said:
You only need two tranny mounts. the rear diff doesn't use those same mounts on these cars...
Damn it! I emailed 034 like a week ago with no response. Then commented on the product on FB today with no response so I just went for them. I just went for it because it said they'd work with almost all vehicles. I'll send them an email right now. Thank you!

#26 ·
pilihp2 said:
yeah, the rear diff mounts to the control arms in some sort of way from what I Remember
I probably should have just went down to the car and checked it out. I just get click happy and order lots of stuff. Thank you again, I just email them to have those removed from my order.

Just need a huge turbo now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.