Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a link for VW Passat B4 Crystal lights.As a show car owner,i am always looking at ways to improve the appearance of the car as well as the performance to score more points.However my strategy this time is instead of adding piece by piece,i collect a whole bunch of parts,send the car in for a repaint(more metallic flake) and then come out fresh to score more points.
What i would like to know is that everyone seems to be uograding to RS2 components but are there any crystal lights or anything of the sort for the Audi 80/90?

check the link...arnt those lovely?

http://www.passat35i.net/

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
you'd have to be creative and adapt something like that to your car. it'd be one off, so you'd be way ahead there 8)

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
You'd only probably find something like that in Europe..but gaud...you should leave them in Europe, kinda guady IMO. :)

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
People do that with B5 projector beam headlamps here in the US. A few with RS2's are doing so as well (or are thinking about it). Honda-ricers have already taken that angle eyes concept to their cars. Its kinda neat, but I'd leave it on the BMW. Wouldn't want them thinking we were jealous of any part of a BMW! ;-)

Directions for DIY can be found on AW. Interestingly, its linked/modified from a Honda DIY direction set.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no no no......i dont want to be a ricer.Thats not for me.....
but crystal lighst would be nice.If they made RS2 lights that looked like the current A4 lights then that would be excellent.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
I mistook what you wrote...I saw the pics and though you were talking about the "angel eyes" that the Passat also appears to have. B5's already sort of have "crystal" lenses. RS2's NEED the patterned glass for the high beam, which is a reflector. You'd have to really mod the housing to make them dual projectors, which do not need the lens to help disperse the light.

Either way, I wouldn't do either mod. Angel Eyes = BMW's and ricer wannabe's. Crystal lenses, too much work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts