Automobiles Forum banner

anyone running the urS silicone pcv valve hoses?

4K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  morris400 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have it and it works fine. I also have the billet valve, but it's the same dimensions as the stock one. Do you have the valve upside down? maybe someone switched the stock valve out for something they had on hand.

#5 ·
I have a stock PCV new... not the billet one. Ill double check the part numbers. its no where close to fitting though. dont even remember where i ordered the pcv from.

#8 ·
Had to put on the OEM piece because my pcv did not fit the 034 piece. i put the old pcv in the silicone hose to take a picture of it bowing out. The valve will absolutely not go any further in the silicone reducer.

Attachments

#9 ·
I have the billet valve and their(034) reducing hose. The wide end of the valve does not fit in that well. I had to put a very thin film of oil on the valve to get it in as far as it would go. The valve did not fit all of the way into the hose. IIRC, there was maybe 2mm of the valve sticking out of the hose. It has not come loose or popped out and I don't think it will. It was such a tight fit in the first place. That little hose is not very well designed. The wide end needs to be a little longer and perhaps a touch wider. But, it is working. FWIU, that hose isn't the real problem in that area. It's the stock 'T' hose that gets brittle, tears easily and has been more prone to problems.

#10 ·
Yea i put synthetic grease and thats as far as it goes... i already put the stock reducer back in. I was just wondering if 034 would see this and offer me a refund.

#12 ·
Im gonna be doing this soon too and was looking to see if anyone has bought this stuff in last little bit. How was fitment? Ext. Any issues. I'm having a hard time sourcing oem stuff right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.