Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been building the 10v turbo that came with my 4k for a few months now and I have one question stated above. . the only reason I ask is, there seems to be a debate on which cylinder heads are interchangeable between 2.1 and 2.2 stuff (though I cant really see the reason why) so it had me wondering about my crank dilemma. . . cylinder spacing the same?? how about bearing size? Bentley says the stroke is identical. Its a KH 2.1 that I have already bored out for MC pistons but the crank saw a little bit of abuse and would be cheaper/easier to swap out if I could use a good 2.2 version. what say the real audi community??

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
damn no one wants to touch this one?? If I had a few infront of me I could just measure them all. not even a cast vs forged opinion out there?? can't even get a flame out of this thread :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Only difference is that early % cyl engines with short 136mm rods have smaller big end size then later ones with 144mm rods

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
i have Mc2 pistons and crank, would you need those for your project?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
interesting. not the difference i expected but good information to know for sure. . . that KH seems to be a middle of the road transition. . . 2.1 but no solid lifter. . . blah blah technical blah. . . . i'll measure the rods when i get home. . . is that the rod ratio difference i have read little blurbs about?? 136vs144? later/longer rods better??

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
westco4k said:
and i may be interested in that crank depending on what i already have
sure hit me up

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
even though it`s already been said, I do have the shorter/smaller journal rods. . . the only thing wront with my crank is wear on the mains, still, probly be cheaper to just get another crank. thanks for all the info guys, little questions like that can be hard to answer on your own with out a pile of parts to measure :D

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
wait you need the crank or the cam?

·
Registered
4,630 Posts
Kuma said:
wait you need the crank or the cam?
Come on kuma rear the title :slap:

sorry, couldnt help it. :lol:

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
yeah yeah, i got confused cause he has PMd me about the cam, but the topic is about the Crank?

anyways, i have both!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts