Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, did some calling around, ARP says they only sell at jobber pricing, and that most of their distributors such as Summit racing, etc sell below that and that I'd be better off to go straight to them.

Since I only really need one set of studs and am pretty strapped for time, I'll probably just call up Summit racing and order a set from the, BUT, if someone wants to do some more leg work we might be able to save another few $$, and for a set of $90 head studs it might not be worth it. So lemme know what you guys think.

BTW, I've got a set of 10v ARP studs for sale if anyone wants them, just about brand new for $70 shipped, paid $105 for them from ARP.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
SOLD !!!!

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
HA!! thanks for the offer though :wink:

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, Jose over at www.porttuning.com has agreed to consider a group buy on ARP studs, he says $160 for a set of 20v studs and $162 for the main bearing studs, I have to call ARP for a price verification to see if these are good prices, but off the top of my head this is under the jobber pricing. I don't have a price for 10v studs, but please put in your requests below and I'll get some pricing, no strokers please! :tard:

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
how much for a set of vw 16v studs then my friend? 8)

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, I'll have to find out, is that all you want, one set? Submit requests and I'll get prices, the more the better :D

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
i'll pick up another set...I wish this would have surfaced a week ago, but a second set for my pops won't hurt...

Sign me up for a set of 10v

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn, sho nuff! Good find, I was going to call them up, I was wondering if his prices were high too...hmm, so again, it seems that we're back to summitracing.com

I'm not sure if he's going to knock over 40% off his price to meet Summit's, I'm sure they get smoking pricing.

Ok, so group buy is off, Marc, I hope your happy!!! :thanks:

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
not sure which 'style' these are, but judging by the 'backorder' date I can't imagine they are old stock.

It does specifically state that they are the 'undercut' style which means that the shaft is turned down (the threads stick out above the surface).

So err.... sorry to ruin your group buy plans? :bump:

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm pretty sure Summit doesn't stock those, thus the BO status, they get them right from ARP so I'd assume they're the newest style. Undercut are more expensive, so maybe the standard bolts are even cheaper?? Holy, makin' a call tomorrow :p

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
but man, $8 difference? I'd just go for the undercut studs for that money. :bullshits:

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Eight Dollars, Shmeight Dollars, how bout that coil update already! :curses:

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Coil update? Not much to update on :p

As it stand right now, m3 coils won't work, OEM Audi 'late' style COP units will fit, but have the built in ballast that doesn't work correctly with 034.

Next step for me is to pick up an early style A4 coil (they sell for ~$30 new from parts bin) to see if that will work. I suspect it might not, since from the pics I've seen they might be a bit shorter (do to a different design of cam cover). There wasn't much 'extra' room on the late style coils...

I'll post an update to the 'coils' thread when I have more info.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, cool, well, for the record, we can provide you with an ECU that can run the later style coils if you really want to, but its a totally different circuit board, etc, if you're really set on using those coils, that is an option.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Nah, I'll stick with the regular IIc :)

If the early style A4 coils don't work, my next attempt will be to try ford cobra coils. Failing that, I'll just go with short spark plug wires to a rail of MC or whatever coils.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Bwhahaha, just noticed your new 'title'. I bow to you oh great boogler!

:lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts