Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned this in another post, but here it is again:

http://www.80tq.com/albums/?mode=album& ... ormula1.8t

Currently make about 240hp at the hub (on a dynapack dyno) on 12psi, revs to 9krpm. Head was built by Hasselgren, Eagle rods, JE pistons, 8.5:1 compression, very aggressive cams, all light weight and solid lifer drivetrain.

Running 034 IIc, all stock sensors including the crank sensor.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
holy badass batman.

So it's running off the flywheel starter teeth and pins, or do those have a 60-2 trigger stocK?

Daaammmmnnn that thing has gotta be a blast.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, they come with a 60-2 stock.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
What crazy class lets them run all that stuff? I guess I'm used to the vintage stuff so that 1.8t looks a little wierd in there :)

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its called Formula FS, its basically Formula Atlantic with no restrictions on engine, one guy is running a BMW V12, though he's not close to being the fastest car. Fun stuff :)

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, what a blast from the past! :p

Well, I had the pleasure to retune this car last night with some larger injectors and about 3 more years of tuning experience :wink:

Major changes were 750cc flow balanced injectors, had 550cc, and a new 044 pump as the old one was crapping out, most likely due to being clogged with bits of fuel bladder material.

And yes, I was reminded about how wonderful it is to tune this motor on 110 octane fuel, its such an efficient motor and responds so well to tuning inputs.

For reference, the timing map on this sucker is up there, I tuned in, at 20psi, 25 degrees advance at the 5500rpm TQ peak, and ramping to almost 40 degrees by 8200rpm, and boy does it love it.

One difference was the presence of a Borla 3" muffler to meet sound requirements, which was not present at the last tune.

Here is the boost map, you can see its 2 back to back runs, the green line is the previous run where I noted the turbo or wastegate were bleeding off boost above 6krpm, the yellow run is the next run where I ramped up the boost solenoid duty cycle to keep boost flat all the way to redline, which resulted in quite a bit more power at the top of the map:

Here is an AFR curve, you can see AFR starts in the high 12's below boost and drops to a safe 11.4 at the TQ peak and 12:1 up to redline

Lastly, HP and TQ, you can see the power gained on the yellow map by keeping boost flat to redline, also, note the rapid TQ rise at 4500rpm, this is due to railing the boost solenoid open to bring the turbo on as hard and fast as possible:

Here is a little video I threw together, one thing you may notice is the "herky jerky" way the motor pulls through the power band, I believe this was due to the loading of the Dynapac dyno, it wasn't applying even load, and this dyno is set up for running LS1 Chevy's, all the shop does. This motor with its ultra-light drivetrain, was causing the dyno to cycle rapidly as it attempted to apply even load.

Video at: http://www.034motorsport.com/gallery/v/ ... p.mov.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts