Automobiles Forum banner
141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Just a few outtakes and some cars that went off.
Enjoy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
90quattrocoupe said:
Is it just me or are the pictures not loading? Videos are fine, just stills not loading.

Greg W.
They were also gone when I looked.

Google photos changed the way photos are linked so now my photos are not working
I uploaded them to the motorgeek album, this works but is not as easy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Missouri Ozark Rally Update:
This rally has gone very well for the Audi. We repeated as 1st place in the AWD class (4th overall)
The weather was crazy with rain, then sleet, and finally snow.
Had a good fight going until our closest competition went off on the first stage after service.
We backed off and cruised to our 1st place in class finish.
Had one moment before service on the reverse running of the first stage. I missed a note and we went flying through a hairpin turn.
We were fortunate that there was a large run off area and we were back on course very quickly.
Enjoy the pictures and videos. I will include a video of the Flash Flooding that kept us from running some of the stages.

Also placed 2nd in the EeYore Cup for the AWD Class.

Offroad Adventure

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
We were unable to make it to the Southern Ohio Forest Rally so we thought would take the rally car to a local car show.
Here are the results:
1st place in the Open Race Car Class.
We have won first in both events we have entered this year, 1st in class at MOR rally and 1st at the car show. We will see how ShowMe rally goes in October.

Also installed a two post lift in the garage, a Weaver AFH-50. Works well for switching tires around on the rally car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Rallyfreak202 said:
Nice! Hope to see you at ShowMe in October.
We are planning on running ShowMe. Hopefully they will have the event.
My brother and I will be a little rusty from the long time out of the car but this is our home event so the roads should look familiar.
Hope to see you then as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
We finished the 2021 100 Acre Wood Rally and did well for our first event in almost a year out of the car.
88 cars started the event and only 45 made it to the finish.
We placed 15th regional, 7th in our class and 34th overall.
This was a bit lower than we expected to finish but the time out of the car and the rough southern loop stage that we drove 3 times kept us a little slow.

We went bigger over the cattle jump than we ever have. Good thing we got some pictures of it.

We were very happy to finish and get back in competition.
We had 3 Audi Quattros initially register for the event but Nick had to pull out before the event due to a windshield issue and Tim Michel pulled out due to injury and mechanical so he did not run the second day so we had to fly the Audi flag to the finish.

Enjoy the pictures and videos.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Cattle Jump Video

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
The car is almost ready for Show-Me 2021.
New tires mounted and a mandatory fire suppression system installed.
Just and oil change and we should be racing.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Light Synthetic rubber

Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior Gas Electrical wiring

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #152 ·
New rally tires are on, Oil is changed and a few bolts were tightened up.
I hope we are ready for Show-Me

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Hood Wheel Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #153 ·
2021 Show-Me Rally Update

The Show-Me Rally is over and it did not go as planned for us.
Day 1 started well, we were getting back in the grove of things by the first service. The car was a little loose in the rear end and we did not see anything that would cause that at service except for a rear tie rod that had some wiggle.
The dust and the night stages were difficult but we survived, there were some parts of the stage that we were completely in dust which made for some interesting moments.
At the end of day 1 we found our loose rear end problem. The lower ball joint bolts had backed out and we had some rear steering going on. Made for some significant over-steer. Tightened it all down and we were ready for day 2.
We were only a few seconds behind 4th place in our class and were looking to get top three by the end of the event.

2.5 miles into the first stage of day 2 the car shut off on a downhill section and the fuel pump was not running.
We tryed to figure out what was going on as time ticked by on stage but sweep had to pull us off stage.
About a minute after we were pulled off stage we found the fuel pump was good and just not getting power so we switched out the fuel pump relay and we were up and running again.
The contacts on the original relay went bad and although the relay was clicking there was no power going through it.
So check your relay if you have no power.
The $5 dollar relay caused us to DNF.
We did run the last two stages for fun and practice. They started us last and we could not pass on stage so we ran hard until we saw the other car and had to back off. But the car was doing great and we were back in the grove of things.
This is only or 3rd DNF in 7 years of racing, so the car has done well, we have a list of things to get done before the MOR rally but we will be back and hopefully faster that before.
Enjoy the pictures and videos.

Relay and bad contacts:

Font Grey Sky Monochrome photography Monochrome

Circuit component Electronic component Font Electronics accessory Metal

Sewing machine Household appliance accessory Office equipment Gas Machine

Camera lens Audio equipment Gas Metal Household hardware

141 - 153 of 153 Posts