Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Nice. So what car did this motor come from in Europe? Reaing your UrQ thread, it sounds like you have to use Motornic here - how much can you fiddle with it in order to run some more boost through?

Look forward to more progress.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
It's like pioneer DBW setup! :)

Martin, I have a stock 7A fan shroud you can have, just pay for shipping. PM me your addrss, although I might already have it from the past, and I'll send it out. When FedEx charges me I'll let you know exactly how much it was.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
It's same in Chicago here...high of 37*c in the shade! That's 97*f I think.

I saw that last picture and thought that driver's side mount looks a little high on the back end?

Martin, any way to find out how much vacuum those new OEM pumps are pulling? Otherwise, Summit sells vacuum pumps that many hot rodders use - I've looked at them when I was setting up ITBs, but it turned out that I had just enough vacuum on the brakes...it wasn't bad at all. So I think you don't need too much vacuum.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Jesus, that was fast. Congrats!

The rad support piece, I see it better now....what you have is probably 4K piece or something else. B3 one is slightly longer and on the front it curves down just a bit so it's bolted to the upper support, from the top. See here...it's the best pic I could find, and the hole it uses is the round one on the front, not actually bolted in here...

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
It's a newer and slightly heavier chassis so you won't "feel" the speed as much...and sure lack of locking diffs doesn't help.

Car looks good. Help me understand this here, why would you want an S2 Avant vs. regular B4 Avant for conversion? I don't see a challenge in getting a cheap V6 Avant and swapping everything over. S2 Avant is a nice car to have as-is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.