Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
great work Martin...I like the battery spot...mine ended up behind the driver seat in a nice marine battery box...I also got some sweet 250A welder cables to use for the main power lines - great stuff...

that diesel's gotta haul some pretty good a$$ - I imagine the torque will be pretty decent...

·
Registered
881 Posts
hey Martin...the car looks mint man!

I must have missed it - what rad support are you in need of? I've got two kicking around - the V6 and the 2.0 ones - can't use them because of how I mounted the rad...or do you mean the lower support that mounts to the frame? I have the V6 one - big hunkin piece of pipe...

·
Registered
881 Posts
oh man.... :(

sorry to hear Martin...I`m sure you`ll sort her right out though...

I agree with Mugen...I don't bother with the looks of my cars anymore...costs too much, attracts too much attention and the reality is - you're on the street daily with people who let's face it - can drive after passing a simple booklet exam...

just today some tool in a merc was spinning tires to pass me off the line at a traffic light so he can be one car ahead of me...at 6:30 in the morning!! what sort of hurry can you possibly be in? I nearly took out both his doors when he cut me off...my first love (sigh...RIP Gemma) was totalled while parked in a suburban neighbourhood...some kid backed out of his driveway and into my car pushing it on top of the curb and bending the rear subframe out of shape...$20k of a build destroyed by other people's stupidity - the insurance company almost canceled my policy because my car was modified even though I was PARKED!!!! anyways - since then it's all about building the engine and having dedicated race cars which are not very pretty...at least then when I throw my Avant in the ditch I only cry a little bit :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
love this project...I've got a guy in Ottawa who's sitting on the same engine and wants to drop it in an UrS4 or something but is too much of a tool to know what he's doing...I`ll wait for him to need some money and snatch the engine for cheap...but I gotta be honest - you need a Holset man :) no VNT to worry about, great spool and lots of power at 1/3 of the price...my 2.0 PD is loving it...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Wizard-of-OD said:
NiTeC said:
...but is too much of a tool to know what he's doing.
I know the same guy and I am not sure he would like to hear this opinion. Infact I know he would not like to hear this.
fascinating intel...also completely irrelevant to Martin's thread - feel free to threaten me over pm next time ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.