Automobiles Forum banner
321 - 340 of 723 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
swietny project Marcin!

LHD S2 Avant still keep their prices unless they're already in the shape not worthy to ship it overseas, let alone RS2.
2.3E is the way to go for you if TDI 5L is your desire. There are some nice 1.9TDI builds out there, did you consieder 4cyl?
I am still C4 chassis lover but everything Audi Avant always gets my attention, especially S2.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #326 ·
Not that much. Nothing to do with the TDI, I just find the B4 chassis to be a lot less entertaining than the B2 (typ 85) cars.
Given same power levels that is... I know I had more fun with my stock 115hp 4000 quattro and all diffs locked.
Moe power would surely compensate.
Cheers

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
It's a newer and slightly heavier chassis so you won't "feel" the speed as much...and sure lack of locking diffs doesn't help.

Car looks good. Help me understand this here, why would you want an S2 Avant vs. regular B4 Avant for conversion? I don't see a challenge in getting a cheap V6 Avant and swapping everything over. S2 Avant is a nice car to have as-is.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
a_CQ said:
It's a newer and slightly heavier chassis so you won't "feel" the speed as much...and sure lack of locking diffs doesn't help.

Car looks good. Help me understand this here, why would you want an S2 Avant vs. regular B4 Avant for conversion? I don't see a challenge in getting a cheap V6 Avant and swapping everything over. S2 Avant is a nice car to have as-is.
The logic is as such, S2 already has all the goodies (intercooler behind a proper bumper, 5-bolt, sport interior etc. etc.).
It's already a 5 cyl so no worry about chassis mods for the motor mounts and getting all the parts which the V6 does not come with.
I can then use the engine for my Sport project.

The red car above looks much better because it's a 5 cyl but I still have to get the S2 intercooler/bumper setup... if I am doing it again I will not be starting with a V6.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #335 ·
What car/truck were these pumps on?
Also, can I use the AEL pump in my car without having to reprogram the chip?
I think the pump is on it's way out and if I am going to change might as well use something newer.
If an AXG will work I can get those too.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
ralleyquattro said:
What car/truck were these pumps on?
Bosch produced this until 2007/2008, only for VW-Motorsports like VW Touareg at desert rallye.

Now, this ebay-seller found the old production-machines and produced some of this 13mm-pump-pistons.
Also, can I use the AEL pump in my car without having to reprogram the chip?
mhm, Yes, I think. Maybe you have to positioning the fueling device a little bit, but I don't know.
I'll ask them. Here is a discussion about that in German (you have to register):
http://www.tdituning.at/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 3&start=15
They used that with serial AEL-Nozzels.

All 5-cylinder TDI-Serialpumps have an 11mm Pump-Piston.
And there are some Tuning-shops who sell 12mm pump-Pistons (but almost made in China).
This 13mm Version is produced on original Bosch-machines, but not much of them, so they're limited.

·
Registered
24 Posts
steftn said:
All 5-cylinder TDI-Serialpumps have an 11mm Pump-Piston.
And there are some Tuning-shops who sell 12mm pump-Pistons (but almost made in China).
This 13mm Version is produced on original Bosch-machines, but not much of them, so they're limited.
My friend have this distributor head "in hands".
He took it to Bosch diesel service center and those guys took a lot of small metal particles out of it. In following week we'll see the performance quality.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
jonixins said:
Val said:
ralleyquattro said:
I guess I'm not the only one... :drool:
wow, I know that car :D It was B3 20vq 7A originally.
And now runs GT2359V turbo from MB, 16bit MSA15 ecu, Race520 etc.
Performance is awesome :jerk:
Guess who made the program :-D
Cool, where did the 16bit MSA15 ecu come from?
My long term plan is to use the GT22V from T4

Cheers

321 - 340 of 723 Posts