Automobiles Forum banner
421 - 440 of 723 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
VEryyyy nice project ralleyquattro.
Thats what I would do with my 90Q but no spare time for it and too much things to do on mine.
I would get another 90Q and diesel if possible :). Its time to change mine for another one.
Not so far from you; Quebec :)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
I need help!

My tacho is from a 80 tdi, but those only had 4 cyl tdi engines.

So.. my tachometer shows 2500, when in fact it is more like 2000. i.e. 5/4 = 2500/2000

Does anyone know of a device that will convert my 5 cyl signal into 4 cyl?

I've tried Dakota digital, but their units only deal with 4, 6 or 8 cyl engines..

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
ralleyquattro said:
I need help!

My tacho is from a 80 tdi, but those only had 4 cyl tdi engines.

So.. my tachometer shows 2500, when in fact it is more like 2000. i.e. 5/4 = 2500/2000

Does anyone know of a device that will convert my 5 cyl signal into 4 cyl?

I've tried Dakota digital, but their units only deal with 4, 6 or 8 cyl engines..

Thank you in advance.
Have you checked the back of the display unit? Some of the VDO units had a small switch on the back. You could choose 4, 5 or 6 cylinders.
Otherwise, you need a speedo display unit from a Euro B4 5 cylinder.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
Sad to say that almost one year later and I have almost killed the car.
Mental note, do not run into Jeeps with trailer hitches. :eek:
I don't make many mistakes, but this one hurt! The other vehicle had no damage at all, just scraped hitch.. :thanks:

At least the motor still runs, T-belt survived, but it needs a lot of new parts to bring back to glory days.

Here are pics of the carnage

I can probably save the headlights, and the intercooler but I need the following (any help will be appriciated).

- S2 bumper, the Rieger is beyond repair at least financially.
- Intercooler cross support 3B or ABY assembly (with IC).
- Pass side 6-speed mount (Hank??)
- B4 hood, hope to find a pear white
- B4 front headlight sheetmetal etc, again hope to find pearl white.

I am sure this list is not over.. someone shoot me now! :frustrated:

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
That will buff right out..

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Bummer indeed!! I like this project so much that I feel like I'm the one that lost out on this one. Glad that, other than your pride, you are all right. With anyone else I would think it would out for the count, but with you I'm sure you will get it back on the road in no time. It's too bad however.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sorry to hear Martin. Hope you're OK?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #435 ·
I am OK thanks everyone for asking, it was a 10km/h if that, it's the lack of proper bumper that made the damage so much more severe.
From the start I wanted to keep the North american bumper, but with the S2 IC setup it's impossible.. :(

Too bad it is so bloody hot around here, deja vu from last summer when I was sweating my bag off over the same car...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Andrew will fix it in no time. The bumper doesn't look too bad. Cant you glue it back together? I have front end parts, but they are red.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
Took a few minutes to dig a bit deeper into this thing... :roll:

And this is what is left of the RS2 gearbox mounts, they just fell apart! I think my 5 year old could make something stonger with playdo and some paper mashe!

So, Mr Cook, you think you can weld those?? :frustrated:

Hank! I need help! :wink:

Cheers

421 - 440 of 723 Posts