Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm located in Southern MD and am currently working on a mechanical rebuild of my 95 URS6. Was just curious if there are any others like me out there. If so, drop me a line and come by for a beer. I've got a 3000 sq ft garage with heat.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Laurel/Columbia area here. Luv trecking down to Lusby, Salomons, Point Lookout areas. Both audis down at the moment - im sure this doesn't surprise this bunch- but I'm down for the long run!

With so much (enviable) space, what other projects do you have?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Westminster/Columbia here.

I have thinned my collection down to A4s that do daily duties and a CQ.

Always willing and interested to meet others in the area.

Jack

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More info on my projects at http://www.mk1motorsports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Go to the "Kias" page to see the S6 I am working on right now.

Sorry for the delayed reply....I'll be in the garage all day tomorrow(sunday) until around 7 or 8 if anyone wants to come by. 45650 Clearbrook Lane california MD 20619 Brian 301-247-9353 Come to the big yellow steel barn.

Califan--- Bring the 850...I have a 93 750iL fresh out of restoration. Pics on the website but it's more finished now.

·
Registered
394 Posts
vwleadfoot said:
More info on my projects at http://www.mk1motorsports.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Go to the "Kias" page to see the S6 I am working on right now.

Sorry for the delayed reply....I'll be in the garage all day tomorrow(sunday) until around 7 or 8 if anyone wants to come by. 45650 Clearbrook Lane california MD 20619 Brian 301-247-9353 Come to the big yellow steel barn.

Califan--- Bring the 850...I have a 93 750iL fresh out of restoration. Pics on the website but it's more finished now.
Goodness, not sure how I missed this reply! I'll have to take you up on that this summer Brian! I went to the site and also saw the blue scirocco! I recall reading and seeing pictures of your car in vw vortex. Man, that is one sweet looking rocco. Dad used to have a green 1980 that we stupidly let go. I was in love with that car. Still hope to find a good "S" model one day to restore.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My URS6 is nearing completion and hopefully firing off this weekend. Anyone up for a trek down here for a beer?

Caifan- I have two 750 parts cars, one of which is getting stripped soon,if you need some stuff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
URS6 project now finished, just gotta track down one nagging issue. Currently stripping an E32 750 parts car.

Anyone feel like an Audi gathering sometime soon?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Although all I am getting here is crickets chirping....

I'm hosting my annual car gathering August 18 and 19 weekend if anyone is interested. Campers are welcome. Although the link here is for Sciroccos I am also an Audi nut (x3) and would love to see some old Audis here as well. Hope some of you can make it. Details in the link.
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread. ... t112311637

·
Registered
582 Posts
Id join if i wasnt moving to michigan before then !

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts
vwleadfoot said:
Although all I am getting here is crickets chirping....

I'm hosting my annual car gathering August 18 and 19 weekend if anyone is interested. Campers are welcome. Although the link here is for Sciroccos I am also an Audi nut (x3) and would love to see some old Audis here as well. Hope some of you can make it. Details in the link.
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread. ... t112311637" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey man, sending you a PM. Fellow MG'er told me about this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm going to be starting a clutch job on my 89 10v t 200 wagon soon if anyone wants to come for beers and learning something. And yes, it's in a heated shop, on a lift, and I have a trans jack so it'll be an easy job. I'm located in the slower lower of western shore MD about an hour down rt 4 from the dc beltway.

·
Registered
805 Posts
im guessing its my old car? i still miss it, glad its coming back to life! Wish i was closer id at least give hand getting it in and out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
when is this clutch job happening ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dustin4kq said:
im guessing its my old car? i still miss it, glad its coming back to life! Wish i was closer id at least give hand getting it in and out.
Yup. It is. Good to hear from you. The car is doing well and I've gotten a lot done on it in the last few months, but it still needs much more. (It sat in the corner of the garage lying in wait since I got it from you.) It took me a while to FINALLY come to the determination that it wasn't anything simple. The clutch simply needed to be replaced because it was occasionally not releasing and therefore making for difficult shifts and walking forward while the clutch pedal was pressed. I'm guessing that it either has broken PP springs or the release bearing is getting stuck.

If either of you can make it down, I'm thinking the trans will get pulled this weekend, probably saturday, and then I'll have to take the flywheel to get turned, I'll also be doing the e-brake cables while the exhaust and driveshaft are down. If you guys can make it down on saturday, call me and let me know. I'll have cold beer on hand to make the trip worth while. Brian 301-247-9353

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
T44Avant said:
when is this clutch job happening ?
Saturday if you can make it. Above post has the number. Do you have a 200 wagon as well? If you do, I'd love to look at yours for relay placement because my after run cooling program in this car is a mess and I am suspecting bad/missing relays.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Clutch is hopefully going back in this weekend if anyone wants to come down. I'll probably get crickets but......

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dustin4kq said:
And btw I thought you'd be interested to know that, as suspected, it was the clutch release bearing that was sticking on the guide sleeve causing the clutch to only partially release. Someone did a really bad job on the last clutch that was put in. Stripped bolts that were reused and I don't even think that they lubed the guide sleeve. Ugh....hack mechanics.

·
Registered
805 Posts
yes i was curious, thanks for passing that along, glad it wasn't the trans. Im not sure how many miles we put on that thing? im thinking 40-50k? it was fine for years but there at the end it was getting impossible to shift. I got it in a partial trade from a guy who got it at the local auction. It had a good amount of miles on it and then i swapped the cluster from another car that was pretty damn close mileage wise (20vt i think). im pretty sure the odo was working when i got it but stopped pretty soon. also, I think i have the rear diff mount if you're interested. I suspect it was causing some on/off throttle clunk. It mounts at the center rear of the rear diff i believe, its two pieces.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dustin4kq said:
yes i was curious, thanks for passing that along, glad it wasn't the trans. Im not sure how many miles we put on that thing? im thinking 40-50k? it was fine for years but there at the end it was getting impossible to shift. I got it in a partial trade from a guy who got it at the local auction. It had a good amount of miles on it and then i swapped the cluster from another car that was pretty damn close mileage wise (20vt i think). im pretty sure the odo was working when i got it but stopped pretty soon. also, I think i have the rear diff mount if you're interested. I suspect it was causing some on/off throttle clunk. It mounts at the center rear of the rear diff i believe, its two pieces.
Yes please. Can I just paypal you for shipping?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's been over a year since I posted last here. This is a ghost town anymore. Everyone's on facebook....I hate facebook. Bring back the manuals...and the forums I say. "Turn those damn machines back on!!" Mortimer Duke---Trading Places.

Anyone up for an old school gathering of Audi's? I have a new space in downtown baltimore. 5k sq ft under roof. Post up!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts