Automobiles Forum banner

AUDI I5 20v OVERSIZE VALVES

6K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  ejfluhr 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
:eek: oh man, $880 for all the valves in my v8... dang, i need to make more money :D good prices though. compared to stock replacement stuff dealer cost and whatnot. i can't wait to try em' out sometime in the future on a ported head.

#4 ·
billzcat1 said:
Question on ordering... so you have to buy 2 pairs per cylinder, correct? As in 10 pairs for a 20v or 8 pairs for a 16v?
Yep, exactly, 2 pair for each cylinder, or 10 of each 8)

These are the valves we're running in Christian's Coupe Motor, over a year of hard track use on them.

#7 ·
3B'dB3 said:
Javad please stop, your killing me here!

My wishlist now contains $10,793.00 of 034 stuff...
i swear the guy that thought of that wish list is laughin it up right now!!!!
Now imagine how much it costs to stock anywhere from 10-100 units of everything on your list, comon baby, lets get moving!! :D

:wink:

#8 ·
i'm going to clarkson so that i may afford said goodies later on...work now, play later, right??? hehe :-D

im going to get out of school and instead of buying a brand spankin' new car, i'm gonna get an old audi and go to town... silly new car buyers, mUAHAHAHHA

#11 ·
audifreakjim said:
Yep, you have to pay to play! You have to look at the big picture though, think of the car you can build for $20K. Then go look at used cars that you can buy for $20K. Boring!
Jim, if you want a job, its yours already!!! :frustrated:

;)

#13 ·
Resurrecting old post since my race team is rebuilding our 7A. I expect this is the latest link:
>>https://store.034motorsport.com/high-flow-valve-pair-audi-i5-20v-5mm-oversize-stainless-intake-inconel-exhaust.html

In another thread on these, Javad wrote:
>>Yes, the .5mm oversize do retain the stock seat, and allow the valve to be raised into the combustion chamber, instead of falling down into it every time you resurface the seat.

Does anyone know what that means?

The sales page states this:
>>OE seats need to be cut to the new larger diameter, otherwise a direct fit for stock.

What kind of cutting provides enhanced flow? What comes to my mind is machining of the inner radius of the valve seat insert from the valve face to the intake passage casting, but that seems like a lot of machine shop $$$ for relatively small benefit.

Without some sort of extra work, wouldn't larger diameter valve heads on a stock valve seat just restrict flow since the air has to travel farther around the head?

Thanks, Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.