Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this because it was cheap. It was on CL for cheap no pics no real info. I figured i'd get it for shits if it was a decent deal and honestly I probably wouldn't have gone if my friend didn't convince me to go look at it and take him because there was a cinnabon in the same city as the car (no cinnabons for a while where I live now). Pretty sad but that's the truth. It is a 99 avant green 5 speed. I show up round the corner I see it's tropic green and my jaw drops. I was thinking it was going to be the boring dark green you usually see. Not sure why but I always wanted a tropic green A4. Plus its a 99.5 so its got the facelift goodies on her. BUuuuuuut still DBC no dropping a 2.7/4.2 will require some messing around with DBW swapping. Booooo. Oh well not really sure what I am going to do with her honestly probably just drive her around for a while and work on my projects.

CONS:
-cracked lower oil pan, simple and cheap fix but still small crack and it leaks and no he didn't drive it.
-front end has some sort of damage and wasn't fixed. hood doesnt close right, headlight tabs broken, rad support all funny...gotta tear into her and figure it out
- front and rear bumpers have light damage
- left rear quarter panel has damage...my biggest complaint

Oh well, really can't complain for the price. Super stoked.

Hood doesn't close that bad, I rested it open lol.

And oh yes we did get the cinnabons too.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Huh? is "Cinnabon" really that good?must investagate....We have a over abundance of Tim Hortons in these parts. Anyway nice color, I like the brighter
colors more on the wagons than the sedans and especially on the small wagons.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Would look good on some bright pink wheels. :)

·
Registered
8,147 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Thats a great color. Can I ask a question about your hood not latching? I have an issue with my brothers B5 that the hood won't latch right. The hooked latch, attatched to the hood that you release thru the grill, works fine, but the 2nd latch thats attatches to the radiator support seems to be stuck. I also recall an A4 I had years ago had a similar issue and I ended up denting thru the hood trying to slam it shut. I can't remember what we did to fix it, maybe a new latch? or grease?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Golden91CQ said:
Thats a great color. Can I ask a question about your hood not latching? I have an issue with my brothers B5 that the hood won't latch right. The hooked latch, attatched to the hood that you release thru the grill, works fine, but the 2nd latch thats attatches to the radiator support seems to be stuck. I also recall an A4 I had years ago had a similar issue and I ended up denting thru the hood trying to slam it shut. I can't remember what we did to fix it, maybe a new latch? or grease?
Hey man check your build thread replied there.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Step 1: Registered

Step 2: New oil pan installed

Step 3: realizes it runs like complete ass. No power at allll. Throwing a TB code so going to perform a TB adapt with vag-com now and see if that helps it. That's what others recommend online. Other than that she should be good only code she has. Hope she won't need a new TB or anything I literally just tossed my whole spare 2.8 30v intake,fuel rail and injectors, tb, etc.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Moreeeeee

·
Registered
279 Posts
How much was it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts