Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a complete b5 s4 shifter linkage, that is modified for b3 shifter box compatibility. it has been shortened and flipped correctly for DROP IN-installation in a b3 w 01e on rs2 oem or replica mounts

$250 shipped to the lower 48, BOLT IN AND GO!!!

pics coming

I can also modify the oem cross road for a 8mm spherical bearing at an extra cost

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
tim, i am curious to see how this was created. i have a B6 shifter that would try modifying like the one you have.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am also interested in this for my 91 200. I know there are already aftermarket short shifters available for my car but if this can be done to a stock 200 shifter, it's worth a try!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Are u saying that in reference to me doing it myself or what...? I do not have the means to do that nor the time right now to start figuring out what needs to be done, that's y I payed to have someone who knows already how to make the mod, take care of that and remaining parts are ordered and now the trans conversion can be done at home by me...

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
95audis6 said:
Tim, I gotta say this post looks alittle crazy since I'm still awaiting my 01e to b2 linkage...
ill bring it to sfest :)

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Val said:
Bump for pictures :D

95audis6, it takes couple hours to make that linkage.
and both donor linkages, and time, and fab work, welding etc

now he's bolt on and go

·
Registered
359 Posts
This Audi hybriding is new to me and I'm an enthusiast... Lol. I'm just still new tithe process and I don't have access to a welder right now or someone I trust to weld for me. I can't wait to get my stuff ill be ordering the rs2 mounts and axel adapter from hank in a week. Just got the car and the previous owner/builder pounded the 016 and its making all kinds of noise. I do however have a question for anyone out there, ( sry for brief high jack Tim) the aan is bolted to the 016 now with billet flywheel and a spec stage 3 clutch, will my 95 s6 01e bolt right up or is that a different flywheel clutch setup used to bolt to the 016?

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no worries on the hi-jack haha you will need a new disc as the 016/01e spline is different, what flywheel

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kuma said:
tim, i am curious to see how this was created. i have a B6 shifter that would try modifying like the one you have.
its shorter and rotated, well documented in a few threads out there

its not a short shifter at all, its the linkage to adapt o1e to b3 chassis/shifter box

busmn280 said:
I am also interested in this for my 91 200. I know there are already aftermarket short shifters available for my car but if this can be done to a stock 200 shifter, it's worth a try!
its not a short shifter, its modified linkage for adaptation, not shift throw length

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
that makes more sense

·
Registered
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump, also have the cabin shfter box and (uuc or stratmosphere) shortshifter for add'l

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
How much was taken off of the shifter rod? Everyone here would like to see pictures.
Thanks, Chris

1 - 20 of 25 Posts