Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone turned me on to the 034 a while ago, and I've been watching your development ever since.

Nice work boys! :)

Every time Javad posts an update on his 80, I can't help but sit back in my chair and giggle incessantly :lol:

Gets me so darn excited.

I have yet to do anything that exciting, but I'll be watching SLAB's development on his 7a... ...should things go well for him, that may be all I need to start something up on my end.

Keep up the good work.

question: I was looking over the site, and was wondering if you plan on doing any sort of comparison charts with similar management type products offered by other comapnies?

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
wow Jim, lookin good as always, things fit MUCH better now with the new pipes :)

Can't wait to see the numbers

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm, 2 x O2 sensors...?

well that was gonna be my second question! :)

how do they work? together? failover?

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
You forgot the meantion it impresses the ladies. 8)

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
WB = Wide Band O2 sensor, generally much more accurate over a wide range of A/F ratios. Outputs from 0-5v. These require seperate controller hardware. Used to be about 5-10x as expensive as the standard NB counterparts, but prices are coming way down as they are being used on many new cars nowadays.

NB = Narrow Band O2 sensor, these are generally very accurate around stoich, but not nearly as accurate outside of stoichiometric as the WB sensors can be. Returns a 0-1vish voltage.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
audifreakjim said:
I put the two O2 sensors in because, one I could, two, one is for the ECU, the other is for the gauge, and three, it makes it real easy to put a WB sensor in and still have a NB for reference
why didnt you put everuything on one sensor so that if anything goes wrong,you can easily disinguish the problem?

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
why didnt you put everuything on one sensor so that if anything goes wrong,you can easily disinguish the problem?
I guess I'm trying to figure out exactly what kind of problems having only one sensor would help with. Once you get an aftermarket system, you'll be amaized at how easy it is to figure out problems. Bad sensors take about 2 seconds to diagnose if you have your laptop.

One of the reasons I actually put two sensors on there was to have a fall back if I needed. At one point my car was pretty poorly tuned and I had a sensor die on me, the only one at the time. I had quite a bit of compensation on the closed loop enabled, so when it died, the car ran really lean, or rich, I can't remember, but it was a bitch to get home.

If I would have had two sensors, I could have just swapped them, and driven home. You should have your car tuned well enough, and reduce the compensation amounts so that if you do loose a sensor, it will not be a problem.

Given how often things change on my car, I also want it as flexible as possible, so those are the reasons I have two O2 sensors. :bashtard:

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
audifreakjim said:
Thanks! Yea, I tend to break things quite a bit, be it the mountain bike, my head, the RC car or the yellow Audi, I never seem to have them all working at the same time :lol:
Swap the mtn bike for dirt bike and the rest holds true for me as well. It's either a finiky engine on the nitro RC truck, something weird with the fueling for the bike (like the 4 mouse-houses I've cleared out of the intake box this year alone), or some odd widget on the car (this week it was a failed front exhaust hanger wich resulted in the weld at the DP->turbo flange cracking all the way around). Fun stuff :D :wtf: 8)

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Gotta love that stock, cast iron, welded DP =)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts