Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the parts I ordered 22 days ago were finally shipped today. Via ground. Yep, no shipping upgrade mea culpas on their part. So now I get to wait yet another entire week before I get these parts that were originally supposed to ship within 2 days of my calling and placing the order. But seriously, after the piss-poor customer service I have recieved after this $800 order (and my very first $1500 order... damn, I guess I should have learned back then), why would I expect them to go the extra inch to help make me happy? They sure were happy to charge my credit card the moment I hung up the phone, however! It took numerous phone calls to figure out what the hell was going on. "Whats your name again? I can't seem to find you in QuickBooks" and "QuickBooks just crashed, let me call you right back" (yeah, that call never was returned). When I was finally able to pin down the sales person who took my order and never returned voicemails or phone calls after QuickBooks crashed, all I got was "Sorry, it was fabrication's fault. We're working on a new inventory system, it will be a better experience next time." Well, I'm working on a new system, too - it's called: "don't let the vendors fück me", so there isn't going to be a next time.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I think that the constant fitment issues with 034 stuff are unacceptable, but really, some things, can take some time to ship when not in stock. It is just a reality. I would not be too upset about this one. So, what did you order?

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
BANNED!

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
pkw said:
I think that the constant fitment issues with 034 stuff are unacceptable
We're always working on any fitment issues and constantly revising what we can, please always feel free to drop me a line if something comes up you think needs addressing. We want this stuff as sorted and right as you guys do.

As for the original poster, I have no idea what the details are here, fab parts do take a while if not in stock, but lead times should be indicated ahead of time. I've mentioned this thread to our sales staff so we can talk about the OP's experience.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Ditto on the customer service...I got the exact same story - fabrication/mechanic's fault when it was 100% sales person's crap...he refused to stand up for it, altered paperwork to try to cover it up etc etc...for the amount of money flowing from us to them it's quite surprising that such issues are allowed to propagate...I am not suggesting problems don't occur - by all means I spent years in customer service and sh*t happens...however when you jerk people around for months after having taken their money and then ship the wrong items you should be bending over backwards to solve the problem or remedy the situation by refunding money - especially on an international level.

They have lost me as a customer permanently. I spent over 10k with them, they messed up big and refused to refund 200$. I am never touching a car that's unique enough to require parts from 034...it's too bad I really enjoyed building my 5cyl...

·
Registered
991 Posts
FWIW, I ordered a $15 gasket a couple years ago and it didn't ship for two weeks until I emailed and they said "Whoops, sorry, we'll be sure and send that..." To their credit, the shipping was upgraded at that point. Definitely a shipping/sales issue though, so I'm not surprised at the similar (but admittedly much worse) experiences.

-Rog

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I stopped by 034 and got the grand tour a week or two ago. Their warehousing and manufacturing has grown to seriously impressive levels. Floor to ceiling parts in stock, including dozens/hundreds of new parts on the shelf for 20+ year old Audis, and a small army of people working to build new stuff. There's something like 30-40 people working now, which is crazy compared to the last time I was out there 6 years ago. They have (not sure how long ago they were added) a ton of people working there now to perform cross checking and quality control and aid in catching mistakes as parts are built and before they head out the door, to keep stuff like this from happening. They're having to turn into a very different company due to the volume of orders that are coming through, issues like this are unfortunate pains as a result of rapid growth but it was clear a lot of effort is being put into place to try to fix these things.

I work with Jeremy and Ken there for my own stuff and orders through the shop. They've been Johnny-on-the-spot and I haven't had anything unexpected come up in about two years.

Sam

·
Registered
289 Posts
I make these mistakes once in awhile where I work, (same customer service/shipping/logistics based) and I will say its easy to get these things mixed up. Stuff takes awhile to ship, that's just a fact of life. And the reason people start ignoring you due to a problem is they would rather not make themselves look bad or lost track of what theyre trying to figure out. Ive done it before. but it usually bites you in the ass when it turns up again.

All one can really do if everything does not go as planned, is accept the fact that the timing is out of the service providers hands, but stay on top of the situation to make sure your order is not forgotten. They will simply get sick of the issue coming up and do something about it.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
SeStone said:
I stopped by 034 and got the grand tour a week or two ago.
And you left before I could really catch up with you.... :x

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
SeStone said:
I stopped by 034 and got the grand tour a week or two ago. Their warehousing and manufacturing has grown to seriously impressive levels. Floor to ceiling parts in stock, including dozens/hundreds of new parts on the shelf for 20+ year old Audis, and a small army of people working to build new stuff. There's something like 30-40 people working now, which is crazy compared to the last time I was out there 6 years ago. They have (not sure how long ago they were added) a ton of people working there now to perform cross checking and quality control and aid in catching mistakes as parts are built and before they head out the door, to keep stuff like this from happening. They're having to turn into a very different company due to the volume of orders that are coming through, issues like this are unfortunate pains as a result of rapid growth but it was clear a lot of effort is being put into place to try to fix these things.

I work with Jeremy and Ken there for my own stuff and orders through the shop. They've been Johnny-on-the-spot and I haven't had anything unexpected come up in about two years.

Sam
Sam, I concur with your above experience as I did the same thing as you a lil over a year ago. Javad took time out of his afternoon - a busy Friday afternoon - and gave me the full tour and just as you, I was amazed at the activities taking place there and inventory to the ceiling.

I'm also wholeheartedly convinced the staff wants to make sure these issues of the OP don't happen. But I also think that some of these issues don't get passed along to the right people soon enough, which is why you see posts like this end up on a forum.

I had an error on my order once, once. They fixed it quickly and we all moved on.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess I need to expound a little to explain why I'm upset. When I called to place the order, I was told it would ship within the next 2-3 days - "We'll get this out to you before the weekend" is the exact quote. Yet as time went by and messages and phone calls went unreturned, I really started to get mad. What put me over the top was the attitude of the guy when I finally got ahold of him... he just didn't care. I explained to him how I'm trying to run a business and I'm accountable to my customers (who are getting pissed at this point) and all I got was, "it will be better next time."

Here are some words of advice from a relative newbie to owning his own business - treat every time like there will never be a next time. Treat every customer as if they are your most important customer. Consider every opprotunity to serve your customer as the only opportunity you'll get to serve your customer.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
waxcoupe said:
pkw said:
...and you still did not tell us what you ordered.
A t-shirt :)
LOL!

Actually the offending parts were ABZ into B3 motor mount brackets

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
034 is a love-hate relationship for me. I love that they are still manufacturing needed parts for my Audi that aren't available elsewhere. But the shipping time, customer service and return policy leave something to be desired. Granted I've placed maybe 3 orders in the 2+ years I've been a 5cyl owner but at least one pice of those three aforementioned things were an issue with every order. This is just my experience though, take it for what it's worth :) er, :( ? Please don't send me to the corner for time-out.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
ur20v said:
waxcoupe said:
pkw said:
LOL!

Not sure what they told you on the phone, but a three week build time for some 'off the shelf' brackets for a fairly off-the-wall, rarely done engine swap isn't bad at all if that's all you have to do to stick a 15 year old V8 in your rareish 20 year old Audi. From my job, I'd consider that basically industry standard waiting time. That said, if the sales guy said they were ready to go when actually they had to be built, then he made a mistake.

Sam

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SeStone said:
ur20v said:
waxcoupe said:
pkw said:
LOL!

Not sure what they told you on the phone, but a three week build time for some 'off the shelf' brackets for a fairly off-the-wall, rarely done engine swap isn't bad at all if that's all you have to do to stick a 15 year old V8 in your rareish 20 year old Audi. From my job, I'd consider that basically industry standard waiting time. That said, if the sales guy said they were ready to go when actually they had to be built, then he made a mistake.

Sam
Yeah, they are obviously super complicated and had to be engineered from scratch as my customer is such a visionary pioneer they requested something so unforeseen that it was just happenstance 034 was able to accomodate the idea :jerk:

As I mentioned twice, the sales person told me the order would be shipped within 2-3 days. No mention of anything that needed to be fabricated.

If something is not stocked and is made on an order-by-order basis, the catalog entry needs to reflect that and the sales personnel need to explain that. And if your customer is calling and calling wondering where the hell their parts are, figure it out instead of avoiding them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.