Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's gonna be a while before I can scrape together the cash to actually finish the v8 project and buy many of these bits (silly house purchase is holding everything up), but I want to check base and see where I can save some $$.

This is all for the v8tt setup, who knows what the end result will be HP-wise, lets shoot high and say ~500 crank and base the following decisions on that.

Clutch: As far as I know the mc2/3b style pressure plate will work fine for my application (will confirm when the flywheel gets here in a couple weeks), I'll most likely be using a 6 pad metalic disk from Kennedy Engineering. My question is this, you guys think a new stock PP will be up to the task, or should I try to source a used one and send it off to Centerforce or sumthin? Who might carry a stronger aftermarket PP iffin you thinks I'll need one?

Headers: Wheres the cheapest place to get the elbows now'a'days. I know MC Master has them, but they've got to be available elsewhere, and hopefully for a lil less 8).

Fuel line: I'll prolly be running dual stock pumps through an AN -6 line to the front. Whos the cheapest around for the AN stuff? I think last time I ordered my stuff through www.amstreetrod.com, they still the ones to use?

I think thats all for now, gotta get back to werk :wink:

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Heya Nate,

Not sure on any of the other stuff, but as far as the fuel lines go, amstreetrod is a little on the pricey side. I order that stuff through Summit racing now. Buy the boxes of AN hose and you save decent money. Eg for 20' of -6 hose, $116:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... R%2D420006

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Nate, agreed on Summit, they just came out with their own AN hose and fittings, its super cheap, and I've used it with Earl's and Aeroquip fittings just fine, and definitely the best prices, though AMstreetrod carries some of the stuff that they don't.

McMaster is about the best I've seen. Try www.atpturbo.com for great prices on mandrel bent tubing, also www.woolfaircraft.com , these are 2 great sources.

I'd be ok w/using the stock PP, I am, the one SPEC sent me for their STG3 was esentially a stock PP, so no worries, even in my 80 with about 400 it was the disk that was really suffering. I'm not a big fan of the centerforce stuff, plus I don't think they do stuff to the Audi PP's, in fact they sent one of my customers a re-painted Sach's sport unit recently, heh.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hey Nate,

I can get Stainless weld eels for you at cost (I'm in the trade).
I just picked up 20 1-1/4" 304 SS sch 10 eels for.....XXX each.
Drop me a line and I'll give you the deal [email protected]

Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts