Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased a B5S4 with a hurt motor. Timing belt tensioner failed & the belt slipped. No start & I suspect bent valves. Can the valves from a 1.8T engine be used to replace the valves in the 2.7tt? We have a few 1.8T engines with heads laying about for parts & I got to wondering. If I cannot fix it inexpensively I will part it.
TIA, Chris

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
valves are the same. i would swap in good valves, lap them in and run it.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
hopefully the head and pistons are ok, very well could be just fine if the engine was spinning slow, but i think those 5v valves are really dinky and break off easily.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No funny noises from the engine but it was hard to turn over in a couple of spots. I will put a borescope down the sparkplug hole to see what I have to work with. Really purchased it for the 6-speed trans.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
So this has become a part out thread for the B5S4. I will be adding pictures & parts as quickly as I can. What is not for sale is the front bumper cover & grilles & the 6-speed transmission. Everything else is up for grabs. Here to get this started.

054.JPG
Lower subframe brace. $150.00
200.JPG

SOLD

056.JPG
Borla cat back exhaust. Can deliver exhaust within 100 miles of Lexington, KY
SOLD
Thanks for shopping, Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
641 Posts
Does the car have aluminum sport mirrors?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, they are painted dark metallic blue. More pictures to come.
Chris

·
Registered
641 Posts
Darn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.