Okay, I have sat lurking long enough. It has been almost a year since I picked up my 1990 CQ in Lago Blue. And just recently, I sold my Golf VR6 (4-door) to force myself to dedicate myself to this car. I've spent countless hours reading posts and searching threads here... and guess what, I still am not 100% on what to do for a motor swap! But that's gonna be almost the last thing I do... I think.
The CQ: 150k with minor problems, I am slowly fixing...
Plan of Attack
-- Suspension = I got a set of KW Coilovers on the way, already have S2 hubs, and Bilzcat got my brakes covered. I am still on the fence about poly everywhere, somewhere or no where. My subframes are rusted so I bought another rear (thanks Josh) to media blast and repaint. As for a good ARB.. I am all ears.
-- Exterior = I hate the NA bumpers, I want S2s. I have a CF hood and am planning on buying RS2 lights, other than that I am just hoping to repaint the car including the CF hood.
-- Motor right now : 20vt>4.2l V8... but it always changes, I do want to shoot for the 500hp mark. I am confident of pulling that off.. where there is a paycheck there is a way.
-- Interior I am 6'8" so i want to modify the seating arrangement to fit my frame better... plus a custom retrim, but that will be last.
I like how backloaded this build was
- Buy Audi CQ
- Let Audi CQ sit
- Start a magazine at the beginnning of a post-print journalism time.
- Eventually pivot that whole thing into a viral video with some shoe guy who drove the Gumball and got the rally itch.
- Construct an entire global media automotive empire with said shoe guy driver
- Cleverly find a way to integrate Audi into empire.
- Let Audi money finish the fucking thing in like a week
ROI - 10,000x%
"I built this media empire so I could get my Audi fixed up!" - Brian Scotto (probably)