Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is all apart and has various fluids/crud all over it, I do not have a power washer nor do I want to use one. What have you guys used to clean everything up?
Thanks David

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New and 1987 VW Quantum Syncro Wagon are not usually words that are used together!! I think the urquattro and the QSW are tied for the number of parts you can't get anymore!!!

· Registered
330 Posts
Diesel will clean everything but will stain concrete so watch out for that. Simple green concentrate is normally the route I take for grimy parts, but a diesel wash will strip everything down for sure.

· Registered
2,160 Posts
You wouldn't have any idea of where to source a qsw fuel pump?

Thanks in advance
AJ

Oops this was meant to be a PM. Oh well, sorry to muddy the thread. I use simple green and let it soak for a bit, wipe it off rinse, repeat and go back at the last layer of crap with brake parts cleaner.

· Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Synchronized list on Yahoo they have used ones all the time and they know their stuff.

· Registered
6 Posts
My car is all apart and has various fluids/crud all over it, I do not have a power washer nor do I want to use one. What have you guys used to clean everything up?
Thanks David
How do you look at using a steam cleaner? They say now they are very effective, since the quality of steam cleaners has grown a lot. For example, I use a Fortador Pro diesel steam cleaner, but you can choose a more portable model. There is a lot of information about steam cleaner and extraction cleaner here Steam extractor vs. Steam cleaner | Which is better?. Try to read and choose a model for yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts