Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyo. I have an AAN intake. I want to grab up a godspeed throttle body to put on it. My question is this... If I put this setup on my car. Is there a tps I can use with my stock ecu on this setup without getting a tune?

Otherwise I'll just have to wait for vems.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Your title says cq 7a intake manifold but you say you wanna run a AAN manifold? Is this going on your 7A coupe quattro? Stick with the 7A manifold, throttle body, and TPS, since they are all designed to work well in your coupe. If you are swapping the AAN manifold or the whole motor maybe the larger throttle would be a good idea. For keeping stock eninge management use the stock TPS either way.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm converting it into a 20vt. I'm ditching the 7a manifold. I just have no idea for an alternative tps I can use. Basically I'm dying to do something to my car as its just sitting there until I pay off some bills. I have almost everything for the engine build except the hbeams (which I had but had to sell), crank bolts, and bearings. Then I have to get it all balanced etc. I just want to start stockpiling cheaper parts in the meantime.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
What is the overall goal here? What turbo? Stock ECU? The AAN manifold will need to be modified anyways to fit in the coupe quattro, might at well have the Godspeed TB flange welded on it. I'd suggest skipping the throttle body and using an OEM TB to be honest. Keep it simple.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Careful when it comes to stock piling cheap parts you think you might need. I've seen it one too many times, people waste money on stuff they don't really need and it does add up $$

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turbo will be a precision 62mm. I'll just scrap the manifold then. Anyone need an AAN manifold?

The overall goal is 700hp. I already have some new JE pistons, copper composite head gasket, arp head studs, spare 7a block with the crank still in it. The block will get dipped, honed, decked and o-ring'd. I have a PLX tuner edition wideband but I'll be running vems so I won't be needing that.. Over the winter I installed koni yellows and some h&r sports.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think what I ended up doing was getting an AAN intake rather than a 3b. I was following Janis build but I goofed

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh and I'll also be picking up a 20vt manifold from hank at some point.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So any suggestions on what tps I should be getting?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Do you have a link to the throttle body you plan to run?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
•Require/compatiable to 90-96 Infiniti Q45 TPS (Throttle Positioning sensor) which is larger than stock throttle body for more air flow

I saw that in the description. A standalone ECU should be able to run whatever TPS you have, so use the sensor that fits the throttle body. Also it comes with the flange. You would need it welded onto whatever manifold you run.
The stock Audi throttle body is 65mm I believe. Which can be bored to 70mm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts