Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soooo I recieved a phone call from my credit union the other day about suspicious activing on my card. I'm driving and it's automated so I'm not really listening. I travel a lot it's listing off transactions all over new england. Yeah it all sounds good. They say one about a plane ticket and I have plans to go to Seattle in a month so I don't think much of it I just hear airline.

Well I'm bored at work (stuck here for 24 hours at a time) and I decide to check my account online. I see this:
08/21/2013 ETHIOPIA 071210 BEIJING $1785.10

Hmmmm well that's just fantastic. So I'm kinda freaking out because I have no clue what it is. I contact my credit union ( a fairly large one luckily) and they immediately shut down my card and send me to the fraud department and I end up filing a claim.

They are crediting me for the amount within 7 days so I won't be out the money and they will start their investigation. I was talking with some people I work with who have similar stories but never in the amount that large at once. The lady at my credit union was even shocked at how much it was in a lump sum. Apparently anything over 1,000 is considered a felony someone said? :?

Shrug, just kind of ranting and honestly now I know I'm getting my money back just thinking of the grimey people that just sit around and do this shit and take from people that actually work and do something with themselves.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Still not too sure how it happened to me. I've been ordering a lot of parts for my car online but all from reputable places I would like to think. The only shady places were purchased online through amazon,ebay, or paypal.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Ya they got my business CC last year. Maxed out $3K at lululemon and Mcdonalds in a 24 hour period. What pisses me off is that no one at Mastercard figured it out,i realized it when my card got declined at a gas station. Now why would no one flag purchases at lululemon for a business card AND 1000km away from where i live really speaks volumes as to the security of the entire industry.
Oh,now heres the cheese on the whole thing,the CC company will request to see the signature of the receipt AND guess what? Im sure it wont match yours so they get to walk away from the responsibility of paying it out and so do you. The vendor gets it up the bum BUT you think its all good,right? Well no because now the vendor has to make up for the loss and the only way to make up for it is to raise the price of said product. So in the end we all end up paying. :p :p :p

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
When i was in Iraq my first time, my house was robbed. They stole an old credit card i had in a drawer that i forgot about and used it... Capitol One to this day still says i owe them money. I refused to pay them because it was expired... and i didnt use it. BUT they want their money and they allowed the transaction.

ugh...

·
Registered
972 Posts
My paypal got hacked once, the person gifted themselves $400, it was a pain because paypal took like 10 business days to give me my money back.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kuma said:
When i was in Iraq my first time, my house was robbed. They stole an old credit card i had in a drawer that i forgot about and used it... Capitol One to this day still says i owe them money. I refused to pay them because it was expired... and i didnt use it. BUT they want their money and they allowed the transaction.

ugh...
damn brother. who'd you go with?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.