Automobiles Forum banner

Delrin a arm bushings need help II

3K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Golden91CQ 
#1 ·
So I got the large bushings everything's going good until I grief to put the a arm back on the subframe and it doesn't want to fit iv pounded and pounded to get them to line up with the holes in the subframe got the rear ones easy but the front won't come close. I'm putting it on the subframe off of the car. Was wondering if the weight load of the car tweaks the subframe so everything lines up would like to know where to go from here. I'm not gonna put the subframe back on if I can't get the a arms back in it.

#2 ·
I just finished doing this on my coupe and was having the same issue at first. I didn't do anything special aside from wacking them in place with a rubber mallet and they did eventually line up. I too had the subframe out of the car. Just make sure you have the right arm on the right side and they aren't flipped.

#8 ·
Ok I'm 95% sure you got it right. I will peak under my car when I get home this afternoon just to make sure but I think you're good. I put some never sieze on the contact areas of mine and they are quiet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.