Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just trying to see if i could find out what happened to my old 4k turbo. Googleing the guy I sold it to (adam luy) produced an obituary :eek:
Pretty sure it was the same guy. Major bummer, as I know he was a younger guy, certainly not his time. Anyone know if this is the same person? Pretty sad.

·
Registered
929 Posts
It is the same guy. I was just getting to know Adam before he got sick. He had a whole yard of old Audis, and I was considering buying one or two. We were in talks, but then I stopped hearing from him. A year later a mechanic buddy in Phoenix let me know that he had passed. Very sad.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow that is sad, I think he was in his 30's? Too young. Bummer.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a-talk said:
It is the same guy. I was just getting to know Adam before he got sick. He had a whole yard of old Audis, and I was considering buying one or two. We were in talks, but then I stopped hearing from him. A year later a mechanic buddy in Phoenix let me know that he had passed. Very sad.
did he still have the red 4kqt? He had some issues with registration when I sold it to him. I think he was driving it with the wrong plates and it got impounded. I got a bunch of notarized paperwork for him to get it out and never hear if he got it back or not.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I'm not sure. I know he had two 5000 Turbo Quattro Avants in pearl, an old CGT, and a 4000Q, but I'm not sure if it was the red turbo or not.

death 4kqt said:
a-talk said:
did he still have the red 4kqt? He had some issues with registration when I sold it to him. I think he was driving it with the wrong plates and it got impounded. I got a bunch of notarized paperwork for him to get it out and never hear if he got it back or not.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I saw that on Craigslist too. Audi Turbo Terror or something like that. From memory it was in Hillsboro, OR.

The description said it had 034 efi, ported head with oversized exhaust valves, ARP studs, T04/K26 turbo. The engine bay had an aluminum heat shield over the turbo with an 034 sticker on it. It also had a coupe gt leather interior. It had stock 4 lug wheels. I think it also had some suspension mods. Euro Headlights. I was kind of interested.

If you posted a pic of your old car, especially the engine bay, I might be able to tell you if that was it.

Sad to hear about the previous owner.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds like probably not mine, but maybe. It had megasquirt when i sold it, but Adam had planned to install a k26/t04e.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.