Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the pictures up
so here goes...
the 2 manifolds side by side are 2 be chopped up to make a turbo inatke manifold compatible with a VR6 TB
the gauge was what i made in my spare/boredom time on wednesday night(didnt feel like studying for CAL3)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hey wizza,

I've been looking for a Manifold just like that(turbo manifold). Were on earth did you get it?

Aaron

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey aaron, unless you reeeeeeally want the turbo cast into the top, you can just get one like mine off of a 5000s (non turbo)

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
iduaobrut said:
Have you seen any for sale?
I think I have one or two, if so I'll bring one to the next ice race

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
iduaobrut said:
Hey wizza,

I've been looking for a Manifold just like that(turbo manifold). Were on earth did you get it?

Aaron
It's the manifold that came on the type 83 turbo cars.
Mike
'88 VW "R22"

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iduaobrut said:
Hey wizza,

Aaron
ye i know...i figured as much that everyone would want such a manifold.
Umm to be honest i dont know what its from.Got it froma guy that had odd Audi Parts around his place.Picked up that along with a 200turbo intake manifold.
I have plans to chop up this so that i get a nice 4 cylinder manifold.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
mdg3369 said:
It's the manifold that came on the type 83 turbo cars.
Mike
'88 VW "R22"
Gahhh! WTF am I talking about. Disregard that last retarded answer.
It's the manifold that came on the type 43 turbo cars! 1980-1983 5kt.
HTH
Mike
'88 VW "R22"

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey guys, i actually know where there is an 82 5kt, with that manifold, i don't remember if it said turbo, but it has that weird wrap around piece on the throttle body with the bolts that sandwich the throttle body in place. it also has the intake tube that runs from the turbo up through the valley of the intake. if some one wants it, i might have time to score it out at the pick-n-pull near my dads shop.not sure of the price, but i don't imagine it would be more than $40(I'm guessing) plus shipping, but i will only be here this week, then gone for two, so it may be gone by then.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I can help you with that, lemme know what you wanna do...

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey wiz, if that 4cyl manifold in the pic is the original manifold for your engine, and you want to modify the 5yl one, i don't think it will work, by looking at the picture, the 4cyl one has the NG style intake ports, which are different from the pattern and gasket style of that particular 5cyl manifold. just something i noticed when i took a second look at the pics.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Whiz, you're too much, I'm offering my help, if you need something contact me and let me know, enough with the stupid questions....

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JShadzi said:
Whiz, you're too much, I'm offering my help, if you need something contact me and let me know, enough with the stupid questions....
Sorry Javad :(
by the way,by chop up i literaly mean chop up.
Cut 1 manifold in half,cut the other manifold in half...well the 2 toegther
got the Ovel ports on the turbo part.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
i just wanted to get in on some a ** vent action too 8), only problem is, it's a bit big for my car, so, being the resourceful guy i am, i'm gonna install it in my room an keep an eye on the ol' heater. make sure its keepin' up on performance spec :wink:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts