Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was doing rotors and pads on my urs4 and snapped a slide pin :( my buddy has a carrier from his 200 , think it would work?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
No

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
As far as I know the 89 200's had a 36mm caliper with a solid rotor. The //s4/6 has a vented rotor with a 38mm caliper.
I just looked at autohausaz's web site and they only show the front calipers and not the rears for either car. I think u were looking at the front calipers which are the same.

Where are u located?

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
The slide pin u broke.... Are u able to get the rest of the pin out? If so u can use the pin from the carrier of the 200's but u can not use the carrier.
The rotor for the 200's is 245/10 & the //scar is 269/20.... So I would assume just from that that the carrier won't work. But u can use a carrier from a 90-94 V8 or 91 200 20vt.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help - verified that they are not quite the same.

Pin is very seized and the top of the pin broke off :( Tried drilling it out but after a ways into it the drill bit broke off inside of it too. Fail.

Anyone have one for sale?

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Ryan, give that other carrier a shot. If Dan's car had vented rear brakes, there's a good chance it will work. You'll know if it bolts up and the rotor fits inside and it's centered and stuff.

Sam

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Was his 200 a wagon? Some wagons had Vented rears in which case they were the same as 91' 200 and S4 Carriers. You can tell pretty easily when you set the carriers next to each other. If you lay it down so the mounting holes face up, the onces for vented rotors have more offset and will sit a little taller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts