Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well so i'm gonna do the cylinder head thing. just wanna make sure i have it all correct.

NF head, bolts up to the MC1 block, right?
three angle valve job
looking into a 268/260 cam
Ti retainers
lightweight lifters
s4 head gasket
arp studs

does the NF head have S.S. exhaust valves? or do i need to pull those out of my mc head? should i look at better valve springs?

thanks guys
jeff

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
as far as I know, no stock audi valves are stainless. if the NF head uses the same valve profile (valve head, stem size,length, and keeper grooves) then you could take the exhaust valve from the MC.
but, how many miles do you have on those valves? are they original? they should probably be replaced, and at $50-60 for stok replacement valves you might as well upgrade to the inconel valves. :)
and I would go with heavy duty springs, everyone tells me to go with the autotech springs, so, that's what I'm gonna do. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Jeff
Yep, as far as I know, you need to put in sodium filled exhaust valves on that NF head when using it for a MC. Talk to Myke about it. :D
Good luck !

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
jeff everything looks good just use the MC exhaust valves

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh shoot....my bad :frustrated: :bashtard: :slap:

i meant sodium exhaust valves not S.S.

ok so maybe inconel valves......if i go with inconel's then i may as well go with 35mm's too.

and autotech springs...myke(tox). you mentioned something about being recommended by a well in formed friend that stock springs are better with a 268/260, i wonder what the reasoning is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts