Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
turns out, LR Engineering is in my back yard!!!

http://www.porttuning.com

im having the head redone, cleaned, and .040 shaved off the deck....

what im excited about is that .040".....i re-calculated it, after measuring the combustion chamber, and that .040" will yield 11.3:1 with 7A pistons, and

*drumroll*

a perfect 8.65:1 with the NG pistons!!!!

just thought i would share.......ill let you all know what 11.3:1 is like on a 7a:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, tomorrow i go in and check up on his progress.....and find out if i need valve guides or not ($100 MORE)

think i should paint the outside of it? or leave it bare aluminum?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DONE!

the car hauls ass now :)

all top end power....i wish i had a solid lifter head and could revv to 9 grand :p

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
9k and you'll be lookin' at plugs like javads :lol:

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
SLAB said:
DONE!

the car hauls ass now :)

all top end power....i wish i had a solid lifter head and could revv to 9 grand :p
Sweeet! And you're not getting any pinging, or check engine lights (from trying to retard timing too far)?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
audifreakjim said:
Nice, so what doe a hyd. lifter head limit you to RPM wise? I wonder how far you can take a 10vt with ARP con rod bolts, and HD valve springs?
you lose control of the valves past 7500 RPM with these (AUDI/VW) lifters

you can safely hold a susained 7000, with short pulses to 8000. past that you will break something if you have an interfearance head.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
audifreakjim said:
Sweet, so I should be able to set the rev limiter at 7500 with that setup? I'm brobably going to have everything balanced to.
yes, but dont hold it at the limit.....i want a limiter to start at 7500 and compleate by 7700.

i shift at 6800 with this engine....

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Unless you're flowing some serious air, or have some serious cam, there may not be a point to revving it that high, but Jim, you've got the Blau cam, that should pull smooth past 7k.

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
I really would only go that high in 1st and 2nd gear. I have it currently at 6800 like you say, but find that a little anoying, it's really easy to hit it in my car. Just having a little more room to play would be nice. Definately would not hold it there. 4500-5000 rpms is where my car makes retarded amounts of power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts