Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey javad, I was pondering my upcoming twin turbo project, and was wondering if the stageIIc has provisions for two 02 sensors or what I would do in my case. the reason I ask is I will be running separate dual exhaust from each turbo down the fender and out to each side pipe. i was also wondering about nate and what he is doing for the 02 on his TT project.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no twinturbo on a five here, it's gonna be on a 360 small block mopar.

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Nate's not quite sure what he's doing just yet, but upon opening up my stageII ecu a while back to change some jumpers there was a jumper labeled AUX/EGO2. So it looks like dual O2 inputs are already there in the hardware, and will be implimented in future firmware updates.

At this point I think what I am going to do is join the two downpipes into one 3" pipe before the cat and plop a sensor there somewhere. Hard tellin till I get it all in the car and see how much room I don't have. We shall see :)

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha, a single 3" pipe for me would be too small, I'm goin' minimum 3" each side. sounds though like the dual 02s might work, we need word from our leader :D

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Yes, dual O2's will be activated on a future update, like Nate says, its already in the hardware.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey jim, the twin turbo project of mine is going in a 67 barracuda. i'll be starting with a stock 360 to experiment with and then i'll go all out with with a stroker 408. I've been thinking about going with aluminum heads. but it depends on if the aluminum heads will be up to the task of holding 1 bar together :D .
it's kinda funny. our little 2.1 can hold 20-25 psi, but on the american v8 your really stressin' things out at 12psi. I guess arp and a forged crank will be on my christmas list of goodies.
I will run a mild cam and probably have a tunnel ram modified for injectors, and then make a custom top half to face forward for dual throttle bodies. it will have dual monster intercoolers up front and i'm thinking of running twin t04's. I hope to top the 1000hp mark. i think that might barely meet my requirement of fast. i can't wait to see what acceleration from 100mph is like, it makes me giggle when the thought enters my mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts