Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted something about this before...........

I get this weird knock in my fuel system....i think i mostly notice it because the accumulator makes contact with the undercarriage.

But still, when i put my hand on the lines under the car or under the hood, there is a wicked hard pulse you can definetly feel....when the injectors fire. It doesn't sound or feel healthy....it's really bad when cold out or hte engine is cold.

Do your EFI cars do the same? It's got me more than a little concerned...my fiances maxima doesn't have anything like that.....there is no pulse in the lines. Smooth as silk.

thanks
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Jeff, I've seen your postings on all my boards, you might try the mother list at www.audifans.com. I'm not familiar with the 5ktq fuel system, but it sounds like the accumulator isn't working properly.

Also, the MS is batch fire right? If you have all the injectors firing at once, in one big squirt, this can only add to the problem. Maybe try alternating squirts, and doing multiple smaller squirts.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah jim that's a good idea....

yes MS is batch fire. All together now.....boom! i might give the multibpe squirts a try. MS doesn't give the option for alternating squirts...i know several people who are working on integrating that though.

I'll give audifans a try..thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah jim..i misspoke before. The fun part is i didn't wire for that. You make your own harness and i only wired for one bank of injectors. They intend that for V configuration engines. But i see what you mean. That's something to think about.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts