Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What hardware is needed to run EGT sensor as an input into the stage IIb? I know the provisions are there, just curious about what is needed versus what is recommended.
issuez

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Honestly, I've never looked into installing a EGT gauge as an input to the ECU, but, all you'd need to do is find an EGT that has a 0-5v output and run it into the aux. input. You could use this to richen up the fuel mixture if EGT's got above a certain point, etc. I obviously recommend using an EGT gauge for tuning none-the-less, that just requires a simple EGT gauge set.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Id like to see the 034efi have the capability of monitoring egts and lowering boost if they were above a certain threshold too long.

Justin

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Ya, I'd like to see that too =)

Maybe someday, we'll see, funny thing is, this whole product started out as "What if we could accurately fuel and time a motor using degree based instead of event based processing", but it never ends I suppose.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Not sure about what has a 0-5v output, I'd need to do more research on that, but for standard EGT hardware check out:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/mainpage.php

They have some great components, you can get everything for about $80 (gauge, EGT probe, etc)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts