Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1990 audi 80 and i'm looking for all the info i can get on a engine swap? if anyone knows any info please write : :? ?

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
trg2000 said:
i have a 1990 audi 80 and i'm looking for all the info i can get on a engine swap? if anyone knows any info please write : :? ?
hey trg2000
got my email?
thanks for joining up
sweet...sweeta even :D
down to buisness,all your questions will be answered because these guys are insane... :bashtard:
Javad is the transplant God,unfortunately he doesnt come on the site 24.7.
He will be here soon and he will give you your options.
FIrst of all you have to decide what power region your looking at and how big of an engine you want?

·
Registered
17,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Hey Dude,

Here is another sight of interest for ya......
http://www.briggsandstratton.com/
I think the wizard got his motor there. Hahaha just kidding! Welcome to the forum. I guess my advice to you is to read the posts for awhile so you can get an idea of what were doing here. I could easily tell you to drop in a 1.8
rabbit motor,but maybe thats not your bag. You might hear about Nates V8 conversion and decide thats your thing. The goodnews is that with the wonders of EFI (034) your options are wide open.

Aaron

·
Registered
237 Posts
Go ahead and search audifans.com for 80 turbo/90 turbo/4kq turbo (swap/conversion). There is tons of info out there!

here is a link to the post I did after my mc-2 motor into '88-80q swap.
http://www.audifans.com/pipermail/quatt ... 73404.html

Many people have done this type of swap , Dave Close, Me, Nate, Jim Green, Javad, Ian, Chris F., etc.

Go ahead and ask away, we should be able to help you out quite a bit.

Is your car a quattro? Does it have the 4 or 5 cyl motor? What motor are you thinking about running?

If you are thinking about running 034efi for fuel only, you should ask Marc about buying his complete setup, which would include everything including injectors, rail, wiring, etc, since he is upgrading to stage 2c.

Swap Away!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts