Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
TPS plug,and a plug for Idle/full throttle switches. I have the same T-body in my 4kq.

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Good eye Aaron. I was having trouble making out the details from the photo so I didn't reply. Makes sense too for such an early (for audi anyway) EFI system that they would use a TPS AND idle/wot switches from the existing parts bin.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what does the Idle WOT switch control?
because i am making a custom intake manifold and i plan on using a VR6 throttle body...and i only see a TPS on them...not this idle wot..
even so is it poissble to transfer the unit i have on my throtle body onto the VR6 own/

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Wizard-of-OD said:
what does the Idle WOT switch control?
on CIS and presumably your early EFI powered Audis, the idle and wot switches help control a few different systems in the car.. such as turning off the AC when the WOT (== Wide Open Throttle) switch is closed and turning on the ISV when the idle switch is closed. There are others too.. but the more modern cars just use the TPS resistance values with a circuit in the ECU or elsewhere to give the same "idle" and "wot" signals where necessary.

because i am making a custom intake manifold and i plan on using a VR6 throttle body...and i only see a TPS on them...not this idle wot..
you might not need it depending on what EFI system you want to run. If you go with 034, there is support for an idle motor which does not rely on any kind of idle switch (just the tps). If you plan on keeping AC in your car then you would need to either ignore the issue and let the compressor run at wide open throttle, program when of the general purpose outputs from 034 to send a ground when the TPS reaches a certain value, or somehow make a custom mount for a WOT switch.

If you plan on running a different fuel system then you'd have to decide to either run the existing idle control hardware and mount an idle/wot switch or ignore the issue completely. I know that Nate and myself were running with no ISV whatsoever without too many issues. If you have AC this might not be an option though.

even so is it poissble to transfer the unit i have on my throtle body onto the VR6 own/
maybe. Anything is possible with a big enough hammer :D

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol
sweet reply guy...thanks.Answered every possible question i could ask.
I think that ISV is for the Transmission when i engage Sport Mode....cuz there is a noticeable rev jump when i press the sport button...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
My T-body came off a Passat 16V with an auto slush pusher.
It was free!!!!!

Aaron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts