Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you thoughts on mufflers. Ive played around with the though of having two seperate exhausts, but i don't know. I want one that is somewhat mild for going sking, and becuase i live in Vegas, thats a 3 hour trip atleast of resonating noice and ultimatly hell so that one would need maybe a couple of muffs and a CAT. I then want a track with just the muff. I like the Borla muffs, as well as the Dynomax muffs. I don't really need stainless here, and i am in a 5k so room isn't too bad ike the 90s.

Just lookin for everyones 2 cents on exhaust

Hank

We got a new cutoff, and my pops couldn't stand it..He had to put em rings on! :)

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Hank, I really like the Borla Mufflers (sound wise, and longevity), but Magnaflow makes a good one too, a little more raspy, but about $50 for a 3" muffler.

I'd say you can get away with one 3" straight thru muffler like the ones I mentioned above, that's what I have on 80tq, not very loud at all, definitely no drone-ey, etc. 2 mufflers will make it sound like a Honda Accord, loudness wise :wink:

I'd start with one, add more if needed.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Javad, Thanks for clearing up my wiring issues.

Is your muff the xr-1 series or the turbo performance series?

Hank

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
i've got a dynomax muffler(the big can style) and while it sounds great with the windows down, it resonates prety bad with the windows up. i'm planning on putting a resonator of some sort, like a 3" glasspack or something, just to help a little more.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I'm running the "short" turbo muffler, I think its 14" long, they make a longer one that would be even quieter. The singe turbo muffler should be all the dampening you need, the XR1 mufflers are pretty loud as they're intended for racing, try the one 3" muffler (not glass pack, can, etc) and you'll be happy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts