Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found one! Original paint, except drivers front fender. Believed to be 32k miles…but will do some more digging to confirm.

The original owner appears to have changed the headlight setup. I’ll be changing it back to the original setup.

I’ll document the restoration in this thread.

First up is a full mechanical inspection. The typical required items (brake lines,vacuum lines, coolant hoses, fuel tank removal with borescope/clean/recoat etc…

We have not started the vehicle yet, but it appears the turbocharger needs to be removed/inspected/ and likely rebuilt.

My goal with the car is to keep it mostly original with the exception of adding an intercooler, bigger/better efficient downpipe with high-flow cat, and approx 180hp (give or take).

My preference is a more modern fast-spool turbocharger with an internal wastegate. Are there any that are relatively straightforward to install on the stock manifold?? Perhaps from a 1.8t or 2.0t??

As for suspension, I want to tighten it up slightly (possibly Bilstein B6) and lower it 0.75 to 1.0 inches). Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking e36 adjusters for the rear.

Wheels appear to be a real challenge. I am very impartial to Ronal R8 wheels, but only want 15x7 or 16x7. No 17” wheels on this build! I could consider a “Penta” wheel…but not too excited about them. Perhaps I just

if anyone has any suggestions for this restoration, please do not hesitate to chime in.
Cheers, Steve
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car Tire

Automotive parking light Sky Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Quite the find, nicely done!

As far as modern IWG turbos, you could look at an EFR. I believe Marc and Hank sell adapters to run on stock manifolds.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Nice find, even the right colour!

Unlikely I will have anything to assist as you work through the project but I am in Calgary so feel free to ping me.

Hank is Iroz Motorsports
Marc is EFI Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice find, even the right colour!

Unlikely I will have anything to assist as you work through the project but I am in Calgary so feel free to ping me.

Hank is Iroz Motorsports
Marc is EFI Express

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the support. Hope to see your RS6 around YYC!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I’m just getting ready to put it away for the winter!! I used to occasionally drive it in the winter but just ages it that much faster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts