Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit:
So after some thought and research, I have decided that it was probably a bad idea for me to buy this car, and attempt to fix it. I have way too many projects going on, and this car isn't my favorite. So it is officially for sale! I would love to get $750 for it, and will entertain offers. I am going to sell it with the wheels/tires on it, and with the set of grey CQ speedlines with good snow tires. If the snow tires really aren't wanted, I can negotiate down.

I am hoping to sell complete, but if there is enough interest in parts then I will part it out. If there are parts that you want, let me know, and I will put you first in line if I end up parting it out.

I bought this off craigslist, with a "bad oil pump". I knew there was a good chance of a blown engine, and sure enough........I started taking it apart, and found that the heads were frozen solid, (no oil) and tore up the timing belt. So the engine is pretty much toast.

The body and interior of the car are really pretty good. I would say the only thing that I can think of that is negative about the interior is that the PO smoked in it, and the rear headrests are separating. Other than that, it is REALLY nice. The exterior looks great from 10' away, except the hood has a bunch of rock chips. The windshield is also pretty bad, and the drivers headlight is broken, and the corner light is missing, as well as the fog lights. I would say this car is PERFECT if someone wanted to do a 90Q with an engine swap.

I spent $500 to buy the car, and just over $150 for title and license. If I can get $650 for the whole car, I will sell it whole. If not, I am thinking about parting it out.

I'll answer any questions, here, or send me a text (425) 445-0219. The car is in Fall City, Wa, and obviously doesn't run. I might be able to help tow it a little bit if you pay for gas.
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also have two other sets of wheels that I would like to sell with the car. A set of really nice Borbets that have tires, but they are pretty worn out.

And a set of stock CQ speedlines that were painted graphite metallic that have good winter tires. Prices are negotiable...

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
i told you before you went it would be a blown engine. not sure why you went and bought it if you weren't planning on swapping the engine or something.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, I wanted to see how bad the engine was. I might still put an engine in it. It just looked nicer than I expected when I went to look at it, so I just wanted to put the car out there for someone if they wanted it before I put more work into it, or parted it out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How easy of a swap is it to put the v8 in? Does it bolt up without much modification?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That are definitely bad? Them, and I am assuming the oil pump. If the heads were replaced, and a set of main and rod bearings, it might be ok. But until it is removed, and checked, who knows what condition the crank is in. I probably wouldn't trust it until it was checked with a micrometer.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
My crank was bad on the seized oil pump engine that came in my 94 Cabriolet. The bearings and the crank were bad. Then the bearing surfaces on the front of the heads were toasted too.

If you find it's just heads I have a set. Let me know

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not holding my breath, but I will let you know, thanks!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So after some thought and research, I have decided that it was probably a bad idea for me to buy this car, and attempt to fix it. I have way too many projects going on, and this car isn't my favorite. So it is officially for sale! I would love to get $750 for it, and will entertain offers. I am going to sell it with the wheels/tires on it, and with the set of grey CQ speedlines with good snow tires. If the snow tires really aren't wanted, I can negotiate down.

I am hoping to sell complete, but if there is enough interest in parts then I will part it out. If there are parts that you want, let me know, and I will put you first in line if I end up parting it out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would also take trades for parts for my S2 clone coupe. I would LOVE an 01E 6 speed. Also interested in manual heater box and controls, or vacuum brake booster conversion stuff.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I would like to see a picture of the driver's side footwell area. I am wondering if this has the left foot rest installed. Too bad you are at the other end of the country or I would scoop this up.
TIA, Chris

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, there is no foot rest installed on the left. I can throw a picture up there later tonight if you really want it.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks, I guess the only 90CS's with the footrest installed from the factory were later in production. Just trying to verify information.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nothin huh? No offers.......trades.....nothing?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, I am rapidly approaching that being the sad truth. Pm me what you need, with an offer price if you feel like it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.