Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
code is 1202AKU14020 I had this trans fully rebuilt with the intention of putting it into a car that I have long since sold. ALL new bearings, seals, and synchros. It's been sitting indoors in my garage for upwards of 20 years. $700 ( I have WAY more into it than that)

Located in Finksburg, MD just north of the Baltimore beltway. email [email protected] as I am not on here all the time.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey Brian, just some friendly feedback. You will be very hard pressed to find anyone (especially lurkers on this site) that will pay that kind of money for an 01A; even for the more "desirable" sedan version.

Most tranny swaps are going to be looking to put in a box that will allow more horsepower and better gearing. Anecdotal evidence here, but you may need to half that price -- and then half it again. Unfortunately that is just the reality of the demand and supply.

I guess if you've been sitting on it for 20 years, than I imagine you aren't under duress to get it moved. But if that is your intent, you'll need to heavily discount that...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks there guy...appreciate it. ( Could've been said in a pm....just saying) Yeah I'll just hang on to it then. If anyone wants a good trans for their 7A stock car. Please let me know.

·
Registered
213 Posts
You still hanging on to this Brian? I have an AAN swap with an 01A in it still that I could use with a fresh 01A. I'm tempted to upgrade to an 01E but that comes at a much higher cost and I don't plan on building a lot of HP.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You still hanging on to this Brian? I have an AAN swap with an 01A in it still that I could use with a fresh 01A. I'm tempted to upgrade to an 01E but that comes at a much higher cost and I don't plan on building a lot of HP.
still have it. PM sent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts