Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This a good working ECU from a 91 200 20v turbo sedan. This ECU is stock with no modifications. im the only person to open the ECU and i did so just to inspect it for corrosion to make sure it was 100% perfect because as you can see theres a little rust on the cover. I also provide performance upgrades including socketing ECU's, latch adapter board installation and MAP sensor upgrades for an extra fee. contact me if you have any questions at all. thank you. I'd like to get 500.00 for this ECU but im entertaining offers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i seen them going for on audifans and ebay. its been sitting on the same shelf for 2 years and it can sit there for 10 more, someones gonna need it eventually.

·
Registered
435 Posts
vwnut8392 said:
thats what i seen them going for on audifans and ebay. its been sitting on the same shelf for 2 years and it can sit there for 10 more, someones gonna need it eventually.
Your right and someone might actually pay that but Me personally I'd rather let something go at fair market price and here is why. I realize I'm nutty already but since I get lucky quite often with part availabilty and pricing I just assume flip a used part back into the Matrix....the (old Audi) parts must flow....you get what wha give and stuff. :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
honestly no one has ever cut me any deals in the audi world atleast with I5 engine parts, the old school audi world is way different than the VW world around here atleast. VW guys bend over backward to help each other and most audi guys are just "give me money and high dollar for everything too". in the VW world i hook people up constantly and they hook me up. i just sold a fully rebuilt VR6 to a guy for 75.00 because thats all he had to spend. he has a family to feed and he depends on his GTI so the least i could do was help him out because i hate seeing a family struggle. i had wayyy more than that into redoing that cylinder head.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I just got a hall sensor plus a waste gate spring today for $10 shipped. Lot's of people here realize that a part they may never use is very valuable for someone else, and they aren't looking to rake you over the coals for it.

Just for your info, last year I bought my chipped 3B ecu with a complete wiring harness AND a distributor with a brass gear installed all for $400 shipped. Not to bash in any way but I think you're asking quite a bit for that old thing. GLWS though.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My experience here on MG has been nothing short of phenomenal with people wanting to just help out. There have been several people here who have reached out, without me asking, to see if I needed a part here and there for my build and have been very fair on prices. I've tried to do the same when and where I can as well. Just my 2cents though. GLWS :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys. like i said before i've been forced to pay top dollar for everything. i only got lucky once with a URS4 parts car and the reason i got it so cheap is because it was hammered and the guy who had it didnt know or care about the car. all he knew was it went good on the snow and had heated seats. any time i try to deal with an enthusiast they want top dollar so im trying to get back what i spent on stuff. i did an 20V turbo swap into my 4000 and was going to use 3B/ghetto 20V turbo stuff but everyone wanted too much money for parts and i landed the whole URS4 parts car for what the 3B ECU and a distributor cost me so i obviously went the AAN route. basically i got raped for this stuff and i have no choice but to sit on it or take a hit to get my money back.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I understand your frustration, but trying to pass on your misfortune to the next guy in such a great community of Audi lovers won't gain you much respect. Market value on a 3B stock ecu is nowhere near 500.00. I have seen them on ebay too and they sit there for months at the same price, the ones that are realistically priced get sold. Not trying to rain on your thread or bust chops, just stating fact. I have sold several stock boxes for 200 and under, and have bought quite a few chipped 3B and AAN units between 300-450.00.
If you don't need money then by all means sit on it, like you said maybe someone will pay that asking price. Most of us on here feel out the market a little before pricing our stuff, and we understand that these parts are no longer gold--just look at the prices of the entire cars lately..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nuugen said:
I understand your frustration, but trying to pass on your misfortune to the next guy in such a great community of Audi lovers won't gain you much respect. Market value on a 3B stock ecu is nowhere near 500.00. I have seen them on ebay too and they sit there for months at the same price, the ones that are realistically priced get sold. Not trying to rain on your thread or bust chops, just stating fact. I have sold several stock boxes for 200 and under, and have bought quite a few chipped 3B and AAN units between 300-450.00.
If you don't need money then by all means sit on it, like you said maybe someone will pay that asking price. Most of us on here feel out the market a little before pricing our stuff, and we understand that these parts are no longer gold--just look at the prices of the entire cars lately..
i noticed the cars themselves are dropping in price. if someone really needs this ECU i'll let it go. im trying to fund building a plug and play standalone MS3X ECU setup for my AAN powered 4000 quattro. i can build the setup for around 800.00 to 850.00.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.