Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be installing a turbo in the VERY near future and the 034 fits the bill for controlling my extra fuel needs. My question is, how is everyone connecting the fuel side of the "extra" injectors. Obviously a rail could be placed over the top of the injector(s). I also see some hoses clamped on. How much pressure will this take? Is there other "melt" proof methods other than a fuel rail. I ask, because space is always at a premium.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hi, I'm derek. I'm assuming you have an LT1 with tuned port injection, correct? where do you plan on putting the extra injectors ? and which stage 034 are you going to be running? i'm somewhat familiar with the layout of your engine and engine bay, maybe i could help you out a bit.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
You're going to be using 8 extra injectors using the 034 SIC, that's a lot of exta fuel, so you want to be sure your fuel pump is up to the task, but yes, you can simply tap of your existing fuel setup to add the extra injectors. Fuel rails would definitely be the best way to do it assuming you have the extra room, you can weld in bungs along the intake runners, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Derek, my 91 was actually a tuned port car (L98 long runner) and I am converting it to a LT1 at the same time as my turbo install. The LT1 has VERY short runners and are limited for space. I thought that I may be able to put four extra injectors in a spacer between the throttle body and the intake plenum. I have a wet nitrous system that works like that, but others have told me that I will have fuel distribution problems. I was asking about the connections so that I would have a variety of options as to injector placement. In other words, I am not sure how I am going to get the extra injectors in the runner of the LT1 manifold, but I'm open to options.

For reference, I am using a T-70 turbo and ultimately would like to see upwards of 800hp. I would only be using the 034 supplemental for "boost" enrichment. My original ECM will stay in place and control the original fuel injection and timing.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
For that much of a HP increase I'd recommend as well that you use 8 injectors, one in each runner. For milder power increases, I'd say your spacer idea would work just fine, but not for 800hp worth of fueling.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
I have a similair project in the works, a twin turbo 67 cuda and to tell you the truth, your best bet performance and tunability wise is just to go full bore stage IIc. get your self some #150 injectors like I got off ebay for $200 and use the existing fuel rails and injector ports. it'll be alot cleaner and simpler installation. but if you really don't want to go that route then i imagine the injectors after the throttle body might work, but like javad said, 800hp may not be achievable. the good news is that your free to try any combo you want with keeping one thing in mind, you have to report the damage :D . just kidding, with a little practice you'll find out how easy it is to tune and you'll love the flexibility for making different timing/fueling combos for race gas,etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts