Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I got a 93 urs4 and there is a fuel leak under the car kinda by where the two doors meet.

Anyways what have you guys done in The past? Is there a decently reliable way to patch/ repair this or is my only option to replace the line?

If my only option is to replace, where can I find a replacement?

Thanks a ton for the help.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
i find that once you disturb the shit nest of rusty lines, you may as well replace them all. Its not bad, I usually just remove all the old crap, go buy a roll of 5/16 steel line from the FLAPS and make a new set of lines. I use a tubing cutter to cut them, then cut the old fittings off the original lines, slide onto new lines and make new flares. Not a bad project. If you do manage to patch it, probably will be leaking somewhere else soon after BTDT to many times. Damn road salt.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I have had good luck just repairing the ugly area with 5/16 hard line and some proper fuel inj hose and clamps to use as couplers. pretty common to do the whole area between the wheel wells.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.