Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all
ok here goes.Who needs a gauge pod for an Audi 80?
there is this guy Ryan Smith (GOLFRSI) on AOL.He is in the proces of building me a Triple Gauge pod for my Audi
the Price was $170...i think it was a bit much but hell its a custom pod for me... :D just thought id tell you all because i am sure it will be cheaper now because he has the mold allready which is sweet.

anyways what do you all think?

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Any shots of one installed? I'd like to get one if the fit and finish is up to par.

Also, you said tripple, but the one in the shot is a quad?? What is it really?

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is a Passat B4 gauge poid for a guy that did a 2.0 16 valve turbo and wanted to utilise his 4 Gauges
i would have gotten 4 but the top gauge you really can not see unless you stretch a little so what i am goig to do is install my Boost gauge in one of the AC vents...that way it even custom turns :D
when i install the pod ill send pics for sure.It will be an OEM fit because he is using a new A-pillar to retain the clips and then he is going to mold the Gauge pods on it...work some majic,build 3 in 1 ..work more majic,destroy a new A-pillar,have a mold for US :woowoo: and then he is good to go.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Sammy, any more word on this, I'd be interested in at least 3.

Thanks,

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JShadzi said:
Sammy, any more word on this, I'd be interested in at least 3.

Thanks,
Hey Javad...
word is i got MINE!!!!!!!!WOOOHOOO!
I am assuming you want LHD right?
cuz the one i had made was RHD....
The guy who makes them drives an Audi S4 2.7TT.....
if you need 3 for sure Javad just holler back...

This is how he made mine:
So i am guessing the same applies to LHD 80's

"well,,, I use the pillar as the base for the actual product... this ensures a perfect fit and that all applicable mounting points are in the proper position... basically I mold and graft the pods which I fabricated onto the surface of the pillar, the two parts (or in your case 4 parts; 1 pillar, 3 pods) are smoothed together into 1 seamless piece..."

What do you think Javad?
Also Javad...this could be potential for you.I would supply him/ship him a good second hand one since he is chopping it up and whatever else and you could always use 2 philips screws to mount it.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Sure, 3 is fine, how about price, application, etc, what do you need from me to move forward, is he making these up from scratch, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all you need is 3 A-pillars
Since your providing the parts then the cost will be cheaper of course....
it takes 2-3 weeks and all you have to do is ship him the pillars and he will ship you back the pillar with pod grafts.
Make sure the pillars have the clips.
What i am aslo doing is using my AC vents....drilling out 2 inch circling and grafting in a plastic circle into them for the pod
I need a fukin DIGITAL!

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
Cool, you wanna email me privately with the shipping info, etc, thanks.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anybody ever noticed that the 80 has too many AC vents?
well i decided to do some modification to that...
turned one of my evnts into a Boost Gauge :D a camera is coming soon guys....
to take pictures of all the gold/junk i have

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Yea, since I don't have AC, nor need it anymore, I found a better use for the space too:

(lcd display for the multimedia computer, hardware is all built I'm still writing the software for it)

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey nate, you got a remote for changing the station? i have one, it's called a stick :D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts