Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Maybe that subject line will draw some attention. If not i'm at a loss.
Hey Nate hows the V8 swap going? You better hurry if your ice racing this year.

Aaron

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Haven't hardly had time to wrok on it, though I may have found a much bigger betterer garrage to do my wrenching in, rather than the little 1 car garage at my folks place. :)

Just sold the 4kq, so once I get the $$ from that I'll be on my way with getting the v8 prepped. Sadly though, two days after selling the 4kq I bought another 90q, this has to be some sort of sick joke some little creaton in my head is playing on me...... it never ends....... :( :?

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
Oh yeah, that also means I may be using the other 90q for some ice racing :) Provided I can pry it away from the GF (sorta bought it for her to use, at least that was my excuse :D )

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sure she'll let you ice race it.....we've never hit anything YET.
Hey do you feel like making a trip down here before then to do a small tuning
school? I'm sure i could scrounge up a few bucks from all the 034 efi wanna bees to make it worth your while.

Aaron

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
While everyone's accumulating quattro's, I bought an '89 80 quattro with 160k on the clock. I was at the junkyard and there it was, faded red, black steel rims, dirty grey cloth interior, $750. Everyone was talking about how it was garbage and it had a bad bearing somewhere and the power steering pump was bad. Ha, silly hillbillies I say to my self, the oil and pentosin were both way low and all they were hearing is tons of lifter noise :roll: So I take it for a spin and realise other than cosmetics, the car is pretty darn good shape, all windows, sunroof diff lock, lights, pretty much everything works, even the AC all the dashlights work:woowoo: So I snagged it for $600. Now I can really play with my yellow car without worrting how I'm going to go skiing that weekend. I called it a beater at first, but this car might be worth a little TLC, and with a paint job I could probably get some good coin for it.

This is also the first stock type 89 that I've driven in a while, really makes me appreciate all the work I've done on my car. Man this things slow :D

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
ppssssshhhhh,well, I just bought a hundred various audis,all collectable and in mint shape for $50,so ha..............ok,so i didn't,but it sure did feel good to say that.I...I....I felt like a cool to say it,please don't hold my specialness against me :bashtard:

·
Administrator
201,871 Posts
audifreakjim said:
While everyone's accumulating quattro's, I bought an '89 80 quattro with 160k on the clock. I was at the junkyard and there it was, faded red, black steel rims...........
So I snagged it for $600. Now I can really play with my yellow car without worrting how I'm going to go skiing that weekend. I called it a beater at first, but this car might be worth a little TLC, and with a paint job I could probably get some good coin for it.

This is also the first stock type 89 that I've driven in a while, really makes me appreciate all the work I've done on my car. Man this things slow :D
Ha! Got you beat there, only paid $200 for my new 'spare' needs a little tlc (heater core being the main issue), and it had a dead coil upon delivery, but thats already been swapped out with one I had in a parts box kicking around, and I'll prolly do the heater core this weekend (the procedure is fresh in my head, just did one last weekend for a friends 90q :oops:)
So for under $300 smackers I'll have a solid lil '90q with 4 new snows on it :D :D :D

I know what you mean about having a spare car around, it's been a real life saver when I've just thrown my hands in the air over the 90q 'cause there was no way I was getting it done that night, and just crawl into the meager little go-getter and putter home.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No comments on goat skin pants? Lets all talk about the alcohol induced Pagan adventures......................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts