Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is primarily aimed at jim, cuz he's running an AAN headgasket. I recieved mine today and in comparing it to the MC or NF gaskets, which are identical, it has all the water jacket holes punched/drilled were the other two dont. does that make sense?

so my question is why didn't audi punch out all those hole on the stock MC gasket or updated one's? and will this hurt anything on the MC block/head meaning a loss in cooling system velocity or just more capacity? i know you've been running yours jim with no trouble, i just want to be sure the reasoning behind it. i'm probably looking WAY to in depth about this.... :bashtard:

jeff

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I'm using the same gasket,and so has Paul. We've never had any problems.
I've personally never noticed any cooling diff. between the 2.

my.02
Aaron

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i've thought about that....i don't know enough about it....

hey jim what did you use for torque specs? they offer a couple different options with the arp's from 55 up to 75......recommendation?

tia
jeff

·
Super Moderator
7,644 Posts
Well, you have to look at how thick your studs are, I think I used 65.

What is most important is that you do the torque and re-torque three times for each bolt. You'll be amaized how much things loosen up when you do this the first couple of times, then on the third time around, the nuts get real firm and it really feels locked down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts