Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the car for the first time in 90*+ weather and traffic. The A/C wouldn't turn on either (checked the codes and nothing crucial came up).

Coolant temperature steadily rose to about the 5/8's mark. I picked up speed and the coolant cooled down.

When I got home, I noticed the "A/C Fan" was not coming on.
What can be the cause of this? A switch?

Also, where should the coolant temperature normally be? Mine seems to move around a lot in the lower half of the gauge.

Thanks!

Here is a bad picture of the car in question:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm guessing your thermostat is stuck partially open but it won't open any further. This allows it to look normal in normal weather but runs hot when it's hotter out. The AC will not turn on if the MFTS is reporting an overheat issue.

I'd replace the thermostat and go from there.

·
Registered
404 Posts
^ Definitely not the same setup as a coupe fan, but I ran into the same issue, it was simply a matter of wiring issues with intermittent connections, start there and trace back

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
i had the same type of issue with my urs4 and it was a burned out electric cooling fan. Not overheating, just a little bit warmer than you would like while sitting in traffic.

·
Registered
290 Posts
is the clutch fan good?
I took mine out just got the electric fan and it will run, even if the a/c does not work.
does the after run cooling work?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.