Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am pretty conniving, but not good enough to get away with a CEL at an inspection. I will have to register the car in Texas therefore will have to pass inspection to get registered. Ive been contemplating running to place where they get paid minimum wage and leaving a $20 bill in front of the gauge cluster, but I dont want to offend someone or get in trouble doing that if its the wrong person.

I was thinking it might be worth it for me to pull the cluster and put a piece of black electric tape over the CEL bulb but that seems like a lot of fricken work to pass inspection.

The CEL is on because it has an EGR delete (90 car, 91 manifold) and apparently the valves in the charcoal canister(?).

How would you guys go about this situation? All I have to do is get it until 2015 so I can register it as a classic and fore go all the inspection BS, and by that time I should have it up and running with the turbo setup on VEMS anyways.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Just pull the bulb mike. Don't tape it. Most fed emissions B3's didn't come with one installed. Cali emissions did but it should run just fine without it, till you want to reinstall it.

I take it you won't he needing a v8 then?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No sorry I was going to message you about that too. Its going to be wayyyyyy to much work to get it to fit and running, I know I can get the same power with more room to grow with a turbo setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I think that will be my next project once I pay off one of my mk5 jettas. I oove the idea of a v8 small sedan but a b3/4 is just not the right chassis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yeah. i'd just pull the bulb since they can scan it like they do with OBD2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts