Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a 1991 Audi CQ, and i am trying to take this black piece out of the trunk its where the trunk lock is. I took the 4 clips out unscrewed, 2 screws from the left, 1 screw from the right the sides of the piece are loose. But i cant get it to move where the trunk lock is in the middle of the piece. Does anyone know how to get all of the piece out?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried fixing it myself, i took the engine apart. Drove the head to get machined, valves change and everything. Talked with some guys that i know from a shop, did everything how i was suppose, cleaned the block a little bit like they told me too. Sprayed the head gasket with this gold head gasket sealant thing. Put everything on, torqued the head down with Matco torque wrench. Started the car idled fine. Drove it out whenever i pressed more gas, it started shaking. Then i found oil in the coolant. Now im just trying to get somebody to take a look at the car, and maybe redo the job. I have heard that you need to machine the the blocks top surface too on audis, or they will blow head gaskets. Is that true?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think i used something like this:

So what you guys are saying i screwed everything up, just by using this, by trying to be safer? Its funny how the mechanics at the shop suggested me to use this too... So i dont need to get the top surface of the block machined?

·
Administrator
12,586 Posts
The factory AAN MLS HG has a special coating on it from the factory using copper spray would be ill advised. So all you need is a new HG and some new head bolts or ARP head studs.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well thanks for your help. Im not sure if i want to do this myself again. If i do it and it fails on me again, it will be no money saved doing it by myself, even more money because i will have to get somebody else do it, and i will have a huge dissapointment on my shoulders..

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know the guy was Polish that owned the place, and he did it for $200. I had my own valves, valve stem seals. He changed all of the valve stem seals, and cylinder number 4 two intake valves, and he checked cylinder 4 for leaks. If you need more info, or phone number i can find that out for you. Currently i dont have his phone number.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts