Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man i can't believe it.....i had a gut feeling that i was going to have a problem with my head gasket and today i was right! It's only an external leak right now, between cylinders 1&2, and 2&3. No white smoke in the exhaust yet, but antifreeze leaking onto the exhaust manifold.

That's why i've been asking questions about the NF swap. I figure as long as i'm going thru the trouble i may as well upgrade!

Javad, where'd you get the inconel 35mm exhaust valves? Are they something to get made or just purchased? And in an old post, you said that the seats need to be replaced all around, just with the stock seats and then machined to fit?

TIA
jeff

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
hey jeff, lemme know when you wanna buy the exhaust valves, I want a set too, maybe with buying 10 valves total we could get a little better buy.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah will do when we hear from javad about where to find them....

anybody else need a set?

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I had my machine shop source them for me, I think they got them from Manley in retrospect, but they buy a lot of valves from Manley, so they probably get really good pricing and quantity discounts on a regular basis. New seats are required since the stock ones aren't big enough for more than 1mm bigger valve or so.

·
Registered
17,178 Posts
the seats aren't special or anything, right? they're just blanks that the machine shop fits in the head ?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good question.....

so i'll look into contacting manley. Or javad could you be a real nice guy and put us in touch with your machine shop? :bump:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts